Sweet Potato Pie is a classic southern dessert that’s irresistible! Made with simple ingredients and a prepared pie crust, this pie is perfect for a weeknight meal and is a MUST on your holiday table.
When you say sweet potatoes in my house, the gang comes running but when you say sweet potato PIE, well, then you get help in the kitchen! We love these flavor-packed potatoes and eat them at least once a week. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I’m starting to “test drive” a few recipes just to make sure the flavors are right and this pie has made the cut.
It’s rich with the warm spice flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg. It also has a creamy texture that goes perfectly with the buttery crust. The everyday ingredients are probably something you already have in your pantry so grab a helper and start making pie! Enjoy!
What Goes In Sweet Potato Pie
- Store-Bought Pie Crust
- Sweet Potatoes
- Condensed Milk
If you make this recipe, let me know!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul.
Sweet Potato Pie
Sweet potatoes bring out appetites, sweet potato pie brings out helpers.Print Pin Rate
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 1 lb (2 medium)sweet potatoes cooked (I cook mine in the microwave, let cool then scoop out potato pulp)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs - beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, mash sweet potatoes with butter.
- Add condensed milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, mixing well with a whisk or hand mixer.
- Stir in eggs.
- Pour into prepared pastry shell.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Pie can be served warm with whipped cream. Makes 1 (9-inch) pie. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
*** Like this recipe and want to save it? Pin it here! ***