This post may contain affiliate links.
Take your side dish game to a whole new level with these Cajun Potatoes cooked in the Air Fryer. With classic Cajun seasoning made with spices and herbs, these potatoes, cooked perfectly in less than 15 minutes, are extra crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Just when I thought I couldn’t love potatoes any more than I already do, these babies entered my life. Cajun-spiced potatoes with super crispy edges cooked in the air fryer have become my newest obsession.
This recipe definitely fits into the comfort food category, but let me tell you, this is side dish perfection. With tons of flavor from classic Cajun seasoning, butter, olive oil, and a dash of pepper, these potatoes are ready to serve in just less than 20 minutes.
These Potatoes Are:
- Loaded with classic Cajun flavors for a kick of spice and a little bit of heat.
- Extra crispy on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside.
- Cooked in the air fryer in less than 15 minutes.
- The best side dish for a busy weeknight, perfect for Sunday brunch or supper and great for a summer cookout!
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
- Small Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Cajun Seasoning – use your favorite blend found in the spice section at the grocery store
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Chopped Chives
What Is Cajun Seasoning?
It’s a richly flavored seasoning from Louisiana, the home of amazing Cajun cuisine. Most folks tend to put their own spin on it, but in general, it’s a spicy blend featuring paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, pepper, and oregano.
Air Fryer Recommendations
I made this recipe, using a Ninja 4-quart air fryer. It’s super easy to use, cooks evenly, and has a non-stick interior making clean-up a breeze.
How Long Do The Potatoes Cook In The Air Fryer?
It takes about 13-14 minutes for the potatoes to cook in the air fryer. There are two important tips to cooking this recipe in an air fryer:
- Do not overcrowd the basket. For this recipe, I cooked the potatoes in 2 batches.
- Shake the basket at the halfway mark. Then continue to cook until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and tender inside when pierced with a fork.
What To Serve With Cajun Potatoes
To be fair, I think you could serve these potatoes with anything! But of course, I have some favorites.
- For breakfast with Bacon Cheddar Quiché or French Toast Casserole, bacon and fruit salad.
- Served with Grilled BBQ Chicken Legs, Broccoli Apple Salad and No-Bake Butterscotch Cookies at a family cookout.
- When casually entertaining, these potatoes are great on an appetizer board alongside Creamy Hot Crab Dip, and a Tequila Sunrise.
- For lunch with 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken, Blue Cheese Coleslaw and Tomato Avocado Salad.
How To Store And Reheat Leftovers
Store any leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer set to 350 for 3-5 minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Salmon
- 1 – 24 ounce package small Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1-½ tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Cut the potatoes into halves and/or quarters, making sure they are all about the same size. Add the potatoes to a large bowl.
- In a microwave-safe cup or bowl, melt the butter. Add in the olive oil, Cajun seasoning, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper. Whisk until blended. Pour the seasoning blend over the potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes in the basket of the air fryer, being careful not to overcrowd. **You may have to work in 2 batches, depending on the size of the air fryer.**
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees and the timer for 14 minutes. At the halfway mark, shake the basket of the air fryer and continue to cook until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Remove the basket of the air fryer and place the potatoes in a serving bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!