Air Fryer Steak Bites in a garlic butter sauce are tender, juicy, and irresistibly delicious! Serve them as an appetizer, for date night or when you want to make a family dinner something special. This recipe is fast, and air frying proves that you don’t need to sacrifice flavor for convenience.
From time to time, I go through phases of cooking different kinds of food. From my treasured comfort food recipes to fresh salads, I like to switch things up. Right now, I’m all about air frying and this recipe has shot to the top of my favorites list.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Steak Bites
- The blend of textures and flavors, from the crispy, caramelized exterior of the steak bites to the smooth, velvety finish of the garlic butter is to die for!
- If you’re short on time or looking for a quick meal, air fryer steak bites can be ready in just a few minutes and there are only 8 minutes of prep time.
- These juicy, meaty bites go from gameday appetizers, with Blue Cheese Dip, to a date night dinner with Scalloped Potatoes when you want to be fancy!
Garlic Butter Steak Bites Recipe Ingredients
- New York strip steak (or ribeye, my favorite cut of steak), trimmed and cut into about 1-inch cubes.
- Worcestershire sauce (substitute soy sauce if needed,) and brown sugar.
- Kosher salt, fresh cracked Pepper – you can also use Montreal steak seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, or Lemon Pepper.
- Butter (unsalted,) garlic cloves, fresh parsley.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and measurements.
What To Look For When Purchasing Steak
For starters, look for a cut of beef with lots of marbling. These are the thin white lines of fat that can be seen throughout the meat. You’ll also want to go for a steak that has been evenly cut because you want evenness for consistent cooking. In addition to grabbing a steak that is around a pound in weight, look for one that is between 1 ½ to 2 inches thick.
How to Make Steak Bites In The Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400° for 5 minutes.
- Toss steak, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt in a large bowl.
- Working in batches if necessary, arrange steak cubes in an air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and continue to cook 1 to 2 minutes more, or the desired degree of doneness. Cook to medium-rare.
- While the bites are cooking, make the butter sauce. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add the steak bites and parsley to the skillet then toss to coat with the butter sauce for about 2 minutes, then serve.
Do not overcook the steak tips in the air fryer. When placed in the garlic butter sauce, they will continue to cook as the sauce gets absorbed into the meat.
Questions And Answers
While each brand of air fryer cooks differently, here’s a good rule of thumb for internal temperature: RARE 120 to 130, MEDIUM RARE 130 to 135, MEDIUM 135 TO 145. Test with an instant-read meat thermometer for the desired cook.
If you don’t want to use a strip steak, I suggest using a ribeye. You can also use top sirloin steak, sirloin steak, or even a chuck roast cut into cubes.
Add any leftover garlic butter steak bites to an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. One of my favorite ways to use them is in Steak Salad for a hearty lunch.
What To Serve With Buttery Steak Bites
I like serving these delicious bites with Sauteed Mushrooms, or vegetables like crispy Brussels Sprouts or Brown Butter Butternut Squash. And, I often add a Southern twist by serving them over Pimento Cheese Grits or Crock Pot Baked Beans.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
If you tried this Air Fryer Steak Bites Recipe or any other recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. Thanks!
Air Fryer Juicy Steak Bites
- 1 – 1 ½ pound New York Strip Steak or Ribeye – trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Toss steak, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, pepper, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Arrange steak in the basket of the air fryer, if necessary, you may need to work in batches. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes for MEDIUM RARE. Cook longer if desired.
- While the steak bites are cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 45 seconds, being careful not to burn. Remove the skillet from the heat and add the steak bites and parsley. Toss in the butter sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed then serve.
- How Long To Cook Steak Bites – While each brand of air fryer cooks differently, here’s a good rule of thumb for internal temperature: RARE 120 to 130, MEDIUM RARE 130 to 135, MEDIUM 135 TO 145. Test with an instant-read meat thermometer for the desired cook.
- If you don’t want to use a strip steak, I suggest using a ribeye. You can also use top sirloin steak, sirloin steak, or even a chuck roast cut into cubes.
- For Leftovers – Add any leftover garlic butter steak bites to an airtight Steak Salad for a hearty lunch. and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. One of my favorite ways to use them is in