This post may contain affiliate links.
Make the absolute BEST salmon in the air fryer! Perfectly seasoned and made in less than 10 minutes, this salmon is tender and flaky. Cooking in the air fryer makes the fish crispy and golden on the outside yet juicy on the inside. This will become your new way to cook salmon!
If you’ve always wanted to cook fish perfectly but been too intimated, well, guess what? You can kick those feelings to the curb! I’ve got the BEST way to cook salmon, and you are not going to believe how easy it is.
Cooking salmon in the air fryer has become the best way to make one of my favorite types of seafood. I get excellent results and the salmon is tender and juicy with a golden, crisp top. Plus, this recipe is so easy. I can pull off what would seem like a fancy restaurant meal in no time right in my own kitchen.
What Makes This Salmon So Good?
- It is light, with simple seasoning that lets the delicious flavor of the salmon stand out.
- It’s easy to make and cooks in less than 10 minutes.
- This salmon is beautifully crispy outside from the hot circulating air of the Air Fryer, yet it’s juicy and tender on the inside.
- It’s loaded with Omega-3 fats (that’s the good stuff) low-carb and low-cal.
- It makes an outstanding meal served with Tomato Cucumber Salad, Roasted Broccoli, Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes or Crock Pot Green Beans.
Ingredients Needed To Make This Recipe
- Fresh or Frozen Salmon – about ¼ pound fillets
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
What Equipment Is Needed To Make This Recipe?
The key to successfully cooking in an air fryer is to test and practice with different foods. I use a Power XL Air Fryer and have had excellent results. All the settings are easy to understand, and the heat stays consistent, producing beautiful results.
How Long Does It Take To Cook Salmon In The Air Fryer?
Believe it or not, the salmon cooks in less than 10 minutes. I like to use salmon fillets that are about a ¼ of a pound each, and I check them at the 8-minute mark to see if they are done. Make sure that you don’t overcook the fish because it will dry out.
Once the salmon is done, I take it out of the air fryer, taste and adjust to season with salt and pepper then give it a nice drizzle of fresh lemon juice.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel before cooking.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray before putting the fish in.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket if you are cooking more than 3-4 pieces of salmon. It’s best to work in batches if needed.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s great to toss in a salad or pasta for lunch!
More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love!
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Drizzle olive oil over salmon fillets.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, paprika, Kosher salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the salmon.
- Lightly spray the air fryer with cooking spray and place the salmon in the basket. Set the temperature for 400 degrees and the timer to 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, check the salmon for doneness. Add another 1-minute if desired.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer and squeeze on fresh lemon juice and serve.
- Make sure to use kosher salt for the best flavor without the overly salty taste that table salt gives.
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!