You’re just a few moments away from making the Best Air Fryer Salmon ever! Perfectly seasoned and made in less than 10 minutes, this salmon is tender, juicy, and flaky. Cooking in the air fryer makes the fish crispy and golden on the outside yet juicy on the inside.
If you’ve always wanted to cook fish perfectly but are too intimated, well, guess what? You can kick those feelings to the curb! I’ve got the BEST way to cook salmon, and you are not going to believe how easy it is.
What Makes Air Fryer Salmon So Good?
- This air fryer salmon is light with simple seasoning that lets the delicious flavor of the salmon stand out. You’ll enjoy how easy it is to make, especially with a cooking time of just 10 minutes.
- It’s beautifully crispy on the outside from the hot circulating air of the Air Fryer, yet it’s juicy and fork tender on the inside.
- Salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fats (the good fatty acids), making it low-carb and low-calorie. It’s a new favorite feel-good food!
- It’s delicious served with stuffed baked potatoes or garlic rice with roasted asparagus, air fryer brussels sprouts, or broccoli and a meal that rivals anything you’ll find in a fancy restaurant.
Ingredients Needed To Make Air Fryer Salmon
- Fresh or Frozen Salmon – About ¼ pound fillets are best and you can use skin on or skin off fish.
- Olive Oil – Drizzle a touch of this liquid gold to make sure your salmon gets that perfect crispy sizzle.
- Garlic Powder – For a subtle kick that’s not too powerful but just right.
- Paprika – Add a pinch of paprika for a hint of smoky.
- Kosher Salt – Ensures your salmon is seasoned just right.
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper – Grind up some fresh cracked pepper to bring the heat and pepperiness.
Variations To this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Honey Dijon Glaze: Whisk together honey and Dijon mustard in a bowl. Brush the glaze onto your salmon filets before air frying for a sweet, tangy flavor twist.
- Citrus Zest Infusion: Grate some orange or lemon zest and mix it with a bit of olive oil. Rub this citrus-infused mixture onto your salmon before air frying for a zesty and refreshing kick.
- Cajun Seasoning: Create a Cajun spice blend using ingredients like cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, thyme, and oregano. Coat your salmon generously with the Cajun spice mix for bold and spicy Southern-inspired flavors.
Tips For Making Salmon
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel before cooking.
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray before putting the fish in.
- Make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket if you are cooking more than 3-4 pieces of salmon. It’s best to work in batches if needed.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It’s great to toss in a salad or pasta for lunch!
Commonly Asked Questions
Believe it or not, the salmon cooks in less than 10 minutes. I like to use salmon fillets that are about a ¼ of a pound each, and I check them at the 8-minute mark to see if they are done. Make sure that you don’t overcook the fish because it will dry out. Once the salmon is done, I take it out of the air fryer, taste, and adjust to season with salt and pepper, then give it a nice drizzle of fresh lemon juice.
The key to successfully cooking in an air fryer is to test and practice with different foods. I use a Power XL Air Fryer and have had excellent results. All the settings are easy to understand, and the heat stays consistent, producing beautiful results.
After air frying your salmon, let it cool to room temperature before tightly wrapping individual filets or the entire batch in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Place the wrapped salmon in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag and refrigerate promptly.
When reheating, use a gentle method like a low-heat oven or air fryer to retain moisture.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love!
If you tried this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe or any other recipe, please leave a star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. Thanks!
- 2 Salmon Fillets (about ½ pound total)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ lemon sliced
- Drizzle olive oil over salmon fillets.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, paprika, Kosher salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the salmon.
- Lightly spray the air fryer with cooking spray and place the salmon in the basket. Set the temperature for 400 degrees and the timer to 8 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, check the salmon for doneness. Add another 1-minute if desired.
- Remove the salmon from the air fryer and squeeze on fresh lemon juice and serve.
- Make sure to use kosher salt for the best flavor without the overly salty taste that table salt gives.
- After air frying your salmon, let it cool to room temperature before tightly wrapping individual filets or the entire batch in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to minimize air exposure. Place the wrapped salmon in an airtight or sealed plastic bag and refrigerate promptly in the coldest part of your fridge, labeling the with the date if preparing multiple batches. Eat the air-fried salmon within 2-3 days for best taste and quality.
- When reheating, use a gentle method like a low-heat oven or aikrfryer to retain moisture. This way, you’ll keep that air fryer salmon tasting as fresh as a Southern breeze for days to come!
Want To Know More About Air Frying?
If you are new to cooking with an Air Fryer or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using the Air Fryer like a pro!