Over the past few months, I’ve been trying to come up with some new, enticing recipes that I could serve for dinner. This may not seem like such a daunting task but I also had a couple of bullet points that had to be checked off. Number 1 – the dish needed to be made in one pot, dish or pan. Number 2 – the recipe needed to be made and served in 45 minutes or less. So far, I’ve come up with 5 new dishes that fit the bill and now, I can add another successful recipe to the list and here it is…I already knew the ease of sheet pan cooking. It’s great to layer all your ingredients on one big pan, slide it into the oven, make a quick salad or side dish, then pull out your masterpiece and serve a great dinner to your family. That little rundown is exactly what happened when I made this dish last weekend. I had some ground chuck that I’d made into patties a few months ago in the freezer, so thawing them was step one. My next decision was a risky one. I’m the only one in the house who likes mushrooms but decided to add them to the mix because of the rich flavor they would add to my dish. It was the right choice! The mushrooms and onions cooked down and became soft and juicy. The beef was perfectly browned on the edges and cooked to medium well in the center. I had seasoned the hamburger steaks with just the right amount of salt and pepper so with a little pat of butter on top of each one, my dinner was done. I am so pleased with my fantastic creation and the clean up crew was equally as happy since there’s very little clean up. Score another WIN for me and my sheet pans!
Sheet Pan Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms & Onions
- 1 large onion - halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound Portobello mushrooms - sliced
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger steaks ( I used ground chuck)
- salt and pepper for each patty
- 8 pats of butter - 1/4 teaspoon each
- Heat oven to 415 degrees
- Line a baking pan with tin foil. Place onions and mushrooms on pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss to coat. Gently lay each hamburger steak on top of veggies. Sprinkle liberally with additional salt and pepper.
- Place pan in oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until steak are brown around edges. Remove from oven and top with pat of butter.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve with roasted green beans.
You might also like these ONE PAN recipes: