This post may contain affiiate links.
Sheet Pan Hamburger Steak With Mushrooms And Onions is a new twist on a family favorite meal! This recipe is short on work plus big on flavor and it’s all made on a single pan. Juicy hamburger steaks along with savory mushrooms and onions is a perfect dinner made for 2 and easy enough to make for a crowd.
Over the past few months, I’ve been trying to come up with some new, enticing recipes that I could serve for dinner. This may not seem like such a daunting task, but I also had a couple of bullet points that had to be checked off. Here are my must-haves:
- the dish needed to be made in one pot, dish, or pan.
- the recipe needed to be made and served in 45 minutes or less.
What was my new creation? Sheet Pan Hamburger Steak With Mushrooms And Onions. I already knew the ease of sheet pan cooking. It’s great to cook by layering all your ingredients on one big pan, slide it into the oven, make a quick salad or side dish, then pull out your masterpiece and serve a great dinner to your family.
I am so pleased with my fantastic creation and the clean-up crew was equally as happy since there’s very little clean-up. Score another WIN for me and my sheet pans!
Helpful Tips For Sheet Pan Cooking
There are so many good reasons to cook using this simple method. My Sheet Pan Ranch Chicken Thighs and Sheet Pan Brats and Potatoes have become go-to recipes when I want a quick, flavor-packed dinner without a lot of effort.
- Choose a good, sturdy sheet pan. I use this one, and it has served me well for several years. It’s heavy and does not warp when heated.
- Choose proteins and veggies with similar cook times. This ensures all the food is cooked to the proper doneness. If you don’t have ingredients that fit this, you can start the protein or hearty veggies on the sheet pan in the oven, then add the more tender ingredients after a bit of cooking. Also, cut your veggies to the same size to help them cook evenly.
- Make sure to season evenly. I like to sprinkle my veggies with olive oil, salt, and pepper plus any other seasoning, and toss them together with my hands. Then I add my protein and season it separately.
- When you need a bit of extra browning and crisping, just turn your broiler on at the end of roasting and broil until your desired level of crispiness is achieved. Make sure to keep a close eye on the sheet pan because broiling happens quickly!
Ingredients Needed To Make Sheet Pan Hamburger Steak With Mushrooms and Onions
- Ground Chuck
- Mushrooms – whatever kind you like
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Sheet Pan Hamburger Steak With Mushrooms And Onions
With little to no effort, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time made in just one pan!
- Set the oven temperature and line a sheet pan with foil.
- Slice the mushrooms and onions. Place them on the sheet pan. Drizzle on olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss everything together.
- Make the hamburger steaks. Nestle them in between the mushrooms and onions on the sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the pan in the coven and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, put a pat of butter on each hamburger steak.
- Once the butter melts, load up a plate with the mushrooms and onions, top with a hamburger steak, and dig in!
People Often Ask…
There are so many terrific side dishes that you can pair with this meal. Since the main dish is so easy to make, it really leaves your options for side dishes wide open, here are a couple of my favorites…
– Skillet Green Beans
– Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
– Caprese Pasta Salad
– Scalloped Potatoes
– Roasted Asparagus With Lemon And Feta
More Easy Weeknight Recipes You’ll Love!
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Homemade Meatballs
- Skillet Chicken Spaghetti
- Out Of This World Baked Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Post updated on May 17, 2021
Sheet Pan Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms & Onions
- Baking Pan
- 1 large onion – halved and sliced
- 1/2 pound Portobello mushrooms – sliced
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger steaks ( I used ground chuck)
- salt and pepper for each patty
- 8 pats of butter – 1/4 teaspoon each
- Heat oven to 415 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with tin foil. Place onions and mushrooms on the pan, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss to coat. Gently nestle each hamburger steak on top of veggies. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper.
- Place pan in the oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes or until steaks are brown around edges. Remove from oven and top with pat of butter.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and serve with with your favorite side dish.