Hey friends! It’s a soggy Monday here in NC…again, but I promised myself yesterday that no matter what was going on outside, I’d be pumped up and positive when the sun came up. Maybe it’s because November gets us all thinking about Thanksgiving or maybe it’s because we’ve had an extremely busy, unsettling fall around here.
I am so very thankful for all that I’ve been given, especially my family. Even though there are times of conflict, confusion and a little uneasiness, we’ve always managed to come out stronger as a family that always includes more love and respect for each other. Last night I surprised my guys with a big family dinner so that we could spend time sharing and celebrating each other. For me, the dinner table is probably the most important place in the home ~ you laugh, share a meal, maybe shed a tear or two, it’s a place of “no guilting,” celebrate life’s milestones, doing homework, and making memories.
That’s exactly what we did last night. One of the dishes I served was Broccoli Casserole. This dish has about 6 ingredients, is easy to make and has all the flavors that you crave from comfort food. I’m planning more of these special family dinners in the days to come along with serving up more great food that helps to make special memories.
Broccoli casserole that's creamy and cheesy in the center with a buttery, crunchy topping is a family favorite and perfect for any covered dish supper.Print Pin Rate
- 6 - 7 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- dash red pepper flakes
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter - cubed
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water, cover bowl and steam broccoli for 30 seconds. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic salt and red pepper. Pour mixture over cooled broccoli and mix well.
- Coat baking dish with non stick cooking spray and add broccoli.
- Mix together breadcrumbs with panko breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Dot with cubes of butter.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.