Beautiful, glazed carrots with honey and butter are easy to make yet special enough to make a statement on any holiday table! They are so hard to resist, you’ll make them all year round.
Some vegetables become favorites for different reasons. I’m a veggie-lover, so having an affinity for carrots was easy. I love carrots as an appetizer served with dips and as a crispy, crunchy side when I’m enjoying something a bit spicy. You know, when we dig into buffalo wings or sliders, you just have to have that little orange spear!
This recipe starts off with simply cooking the carrots in either vegetable or chicken stock. They become tender and the stock adds a depth of flavor that’s outstanding.
After that, it’s just a matter of adding a few pantry ingredients to bring out even more flavor. Once honey and butter are added, well…that’s when the magic happens. A luscious, rich glaze develops and coats each and every little carrot coin.
Ingredients To Make Honey Glazed Carrots
- Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Lemon Juice
How To Make This Recipe
This recipe is so easy to make and comes together in about 20 minutes. Here’s how to make it:
- Slice carrots on the bias and place in a deep skillet. Add salt, sugar and stock, then bring to a boil. Cover with lid and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to low boil. Reduce liquid by half, then add butter and honey, stirring to coat carrots.
- Continue to cook until glaze develops. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately.
How To Store Leftovers
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will keep for about 3 days.
How To Freeze Honey Glazed Carrots
To freeze, prepare the recipe according to the instruction. Place the carrots and any glaze in a freezer zip-top bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to serve, defrost the carrots, then reheat in the microwave or on the stove top.
This dish is a wonderful addition to any holiday meal yet so easy to make that it’s perfect for supper any night of the week.
More Great Side Dishes You’ll Love!
- Carrot Apple Salad
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Skillet Green Beans
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Instant Pot Garlic Herb Rice
- Slice carrots on bias and place in a deep skillet. Add salt, sugar and stock then bring to a boil. Cover with lid and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and increase heat to low boil. Reduce liquid by half. Add butter and honey, stirring to coat carrots. Continue to cook until glaze develops. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately.