Tender, juicy, slow cooked pot roast is a life saver when your daily schedule becomes crazy. This is one of the simplest recipes I’ve ever made, yet, it’s also one of the most delectable. Only a few flavor-packed ingredients are needed then the magic is done by the crock pot.busy day slow cooker pot roast
I named this recipe “busy day” because if you all are like me, sometimes I don’t 5 minutes of time to spare, especially in the morning. The thing is, I’ve found that when life gets hectic, that’s when you really need to gather your family around the supper table. Sharing about your day and all the goings on is important no matter how busy the cook is.The success of this recipe comes from proper seasoning using my homemade House Seasoning along with fresh rosemary. I alway have pots of herbs growing right outside my backdoor so all I have to do is step out and snip off whatever I need. Richness is added with tomato paste mixed with stock. Don’t stress if you don’t have beef stock! I always use whatever I have on hand which could be vegetable, chicken or beef. All you have to do is slice up an onion, put the roast and ingredients in your slow cooker and walk away. Dinner will be waiting on you in 6 hours ~ just in time for everyone one to grab a plate and start telling of the days happenings.
- 1 3 to 3.5 lb beef roast - any cut
- 1 tablespoon house seasoning - see link
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup beef , chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 - 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Cut onion into thick slices and place in bottom of slow cooker. Place roast on top of slices.
- Mix together in a small bowl, tomato paste and stock. Pour mixture over roast. Sprinkle on house seasoning and add rosemary.
- Cook in crock pot on high for 5 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- When done, remove from crock pot, slice and serve with extra drippings.