Chocolate chips are one of life’s happy little treats! When they’re added to pound cake, you’ve got a dessert that’s a sure fired winner. Make this chocolate chip pound cake and spread some happiness. It’s easy!
Pound cake is one of those desserts that once you master how to make it, you’ll find all kinds of ways to change up the recipe. For years, I was somewhat intimated by cooks who could turn out a beautiful pound cake. I had actually overthought the process so when I decided to give it a try, I was totally delighted at how easy they are to make. At this point in my pound cake making journey, I now have five different recipes and now can proudly add a new one to the list!
My new creation, made with chocolate chips is a sure fire winner for the chocolate lovers in your life. It’s loaded with mini and regular size chocolate chips to give the cake a taste of chocolate in every bite. I also changed up my traditional recipe a bit and added cream cheese and a dash of cinnamon. This cake turns out to be rich, dense and is great to serve as a dessert or a snack.
A few days ago, I surprised the chocolate lovers in the house with this cake. I got oohs and ahhs and lots of questions about what was in that pretty, sugar dusted cake. Like usual, I said, “just taste it, then I’ll tell you.” Well, this time, no explanation was needed! They dove right in and quickly gave me the thumbs up approval rating I was looking for. Looks like I’ve got another successful pound cake to add to my ever growing list.
If you love pound cake, give these recipes a try!
- Southern Pound Cake
- Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- Lemon Pound Cake
- Pumpkin Pound Cake
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter - room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs - room temperature
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a tube or bundt pan by coating with cooking spray then flour. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder. Whisk together.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add sugar and beat for approximately 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time while mixer is running. Add vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture and continue to mix until just blended. Do not over mix. Add chocolate chocolate chips and blend. Pour batter into cake pan. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from center of cake.
- Let cool 15 minutes in pan. Invert to a plate, then flip over again. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
PIN this recipe here to SAVE!