Fluffy rice, seasoned perfectly then flavored with garlic and fresh herbs turns out beautifully every single time thanks to the Instant Pot! Garlic and Herb Rice is full of amazing flavor and is a terrific side dish that can be served any time of year.
If you’ve joined the Instant Pot craze, then you need to make this dish! It’s amazingly simple and produces BIG time flavor. Just as important as the flavor is the delicate texture that the rice has after being cooked in the pressure cooker. I was a tad bit skeptical when I first used the Instant Pot for rice but after just one try, yep, just one, I was a fan. I’ve made this recipe along with several other versions over the past several months and the results are always the same…perfectly cooked rice, every single time!
The allure of a bowl of superbly seasoned rice is something that’s hard to resist. That is so true for my sons. They could eat rice at supper every single day. Due to that fact, I absolutely jumped for joy when I learned that you could cook rice in less than 20 minutes in the Instant Pot. With this “hands-off” cooking method, I get to focus my attention on the other dishes for my meal which is a such a time saver. An added benefit to this inexpensive side dish is how many different flavor combinations you can add to rice, so let your imagination go wild.
I love having a go-to recipe that can be made for every season, is easy to make and one that I know my family and friends will enjoy. This Instant Pot Garlic and Herb Rice recipe does all those things wonderfully!
Need ideas of what to serve with Instant Pot Garlic and Herb Rice? Try these recipes:
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken
- Crock Pot Sweet & Sour Pork Loin with Fresh Pineapple
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Slow Cooker Irish Pot Roast
- Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Roast in the Crock Pot
- Sheet Pan Hamburger Steak with Mushrooms and Onions
Instant Pot Garlic and Herb RicePrint Pin Rate
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley - chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives - chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place rice in a strainer and rinse under running water until water runs clear, 3-4 minutes. Add water, rinsed rice, garlic and olive oil to Instant Pot and stir. Secure lid on pot. Select RICE button (it will set to 12 minutes) and close steam valve.
- Once timer goes off, do a quick release on steam valve. Carefully, remove lid and fluff rice with a fork. Add in parsley, chives and butter, gently mixing into rice. Serve immediately.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Making this recipe? Then make sure to follow us on Instagram @asouthernsoul and tag us with #asouthernsoul, so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen!