Classic Crock Pot Cocktail Party Meatballs are sweet, savory, and super easy to make. Made with grape jelly and chili sauce, they are the perfect small bite for any party, great for game day when you’re feeding a crown, and are a go-to for family dinners.
Grape Jelly Meatballs: Sweet, Tangy, Classic
I don’t know who created the original recipe, but I am glad they did! The combination of grape jelly, chili sauce, and meatballs probably shouldn’t go together flavor-wise, but let me tell you, they do, and the result is delicious! This beloved dish has been around since the 1960s and is still wildly popular.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s easy to make with three ingredients and frozen meatballs.
- This is a set-it-and-forget-it dish made in the slow cooker with very little prep time. Just add everything to the crock, and you’ve got hands-free cooking at its best.
- This is the perfect appetizer for casual entertaining since you can serve the meatballs from the crock pot with toothpicks.
- These crockpot meatballs are always popular at holiday parties and great for feeding a crowd.
Cocktail Party Meatball Ingredients And Variations
- Cooked Meatballs – you can use frozen ground beef meatballs, turkey meatballs, or homemade meatballs.
- Chili Sauce – I use Heinz chili sauce, but you can use your favorite brand. You can also substitute BBQ sauce, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Grape Jelly – you can swap it for apricot or peach preserves. Cranberry sauce is also a terrific substitution, especially during the holidays.
- Pineapple Chunks – I like adding pineapple for a little extra sweetness, but you can leave them out if you want.
Scroll Down For Measurements
Often Asked Questions About This Recipe
Absolutely! You can prepare the meatballs, let them cool, and store them in the fridge. Then, simply heat them in the Crock Pot to serve.
Plan for at least 4-6 meatballs per person, depending on the size of your gathering.
Store any leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Yes. Add all of the ingredients to a large pot or Dutch oven. Gently stir and cook on medium-low heat until the sauce has slightly thickened and the meatballs are hot.
What To Serve With Cocktail Meatballs
Craving More? Try These Party Recipes
More Easy Appetizers!
If you tried this Crock Pot Cocktail Party Meatballs Recipe or any other recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. Thanks!
- 3 pounds frozen meatballs
- 12 ounce jar chili sauce
- 1 ½ cup grape jelly
- 20 ouonce can drained pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together chili sauce and grape jelly until texture is smooth.
- Place the frozen meatballs in the bottom of the Crock Pot and then add pineapple chunks on top. Pour in the sauce mixture and gently stir to coat the meatballs and pineapple.
- Cook on LOW for 3 hours. When done, gently toss meatballs in sauce and sprinkle parsley on top for a garnish.