Beef and Bean Soup is hearty, delicious, and easy to make thanks to the crockpot! Ground beef, tender vegetables, garlic, and cannellini beans cooked in a rich tomato broth make this soup extra flavorful. It’s great to serve any night of the week, for game day or when you’re feeding a crowd.
Originally posted October 2016.
Oh my goodness, last week, you all could probably hear me screaming a loud YIPPEE when the temperature was actually below 60 degrees! I do like summer but am over warm weather.
So, with a cool breeze blowing, I could not resist the urge to make a big pot of soup. I decided to go “old school” with my recipe.
My grandmother used to make an incredible vegetable soup that had chunks of carrots and potatoes along with green beans and peas in a rich broth. I used her soup as my inspiration and came up with this ~ beef and bean soup made in my slow cooker.
I changed the recipe up a little so that I could add ingredients that my family loves. I had ground beef on hand and my pantry is always stocked with canned beans of all sorts, so I grabbed some cannellini beans and got to work. It took me less than 15 minutes to get everything into my crock pot.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Ground Beef
- Olive Oil
- Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Cannellini Beans
- Frozen Corn
- Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper
Can Beef and Bean Soup Be Frozen?
Absolutely! This soup makes a great freezer meal. Make the soup according to the instructions, let it cool then store in freezer-safe containers. Just reheat on the stovetop when you’re ready to enjoy it.
More Great Crock Pot Recipes You’ll Love
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef
- Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
- Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
- Crock Pot Sweet and Savory Ham
- Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 4 carrots – chopped
- 2 celery stalks – chopped
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 can cannellini beans – drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add the ground beef and onion. Add half of salt, pepper and garlic. Cook until the meat is done.
- Place meat and onion mixture in the bottom of slow cooker. Add chopped carrot and celery and mix together. Gently pour in tomatoes and stock. Add beans, salt, pepper and thyme. Stir to blend all ingredients.
- Cover and cook soup on low for 5 hours.
- Uncover and add corn. Cook for 1 additional hour.
- Stir soup, taste to adjust seasoning and serve.
This post may contain affiliate links.