This recipe for the BEST Homemade Meatballs is a classic that’s super easy to make! These meatballs are tender, juicy, and are perfect served over pasta, as an appetizer, and in subs. They’re baked and ready to serve with a simple, flavorful marinara sauce in just 30 minutes.
Table of contents
Over the years, these easy homemade meatballs have become somewhat famous. Well, at least in my house. They are meaty, perfectly seasoned, tender, juicy, and crazy delicious. I’ve lost count on all the ways I’ve served them.
Not only do they knock it out of the park in the flavor category, they are incredibly easy to make. They are made with just a few, but very important ingredients that go beautifully together. With a bit of mixing, scooping and rolling, you are on your way to meatball heaven!
These Homemade Meatballs are baked in the oven so there’s no standing over the stove and clean up is painless. For an incredible finish, simmer these babies in marinara sauce and you’ve got a comfort food masterpiece!
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Ground Beef
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make Homemade Meatballs
The process for making easy homemade meatballs is uncomplimented and easy. There are a few tips to making this recipe successful, though. Here’s what to do:
- First, mix all the ingredients together. I use a stand mixer. If that’s not an option, use your hands. The key here is to be careful not to over mix.
- Next, scoop out the meat mixture using a #40 scoop. Using your hands, gently press the mixture together and roll into a ball.
- Place the balls on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes until the meatballs are slightly browned.
How To Serve These Scrumptious Meatballs
After you’ve baked the meatballs, it’s time to serve them. There are so many ways to enjoy them! Whether you go the traditional route and simmer them in sauce then pile ’em high over spaghetti or get creative, they will be delicious.
Here’s a few of my favorite ways to serve them:
- Crock Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Game Day Meatballs
- Meatball Subs
- Simmered in homemade marinara sauce. You’ll find the ingredient list and instructions in the recipe card below.
How To Store And Freeze Meatballs
If you are lucky enough to have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To freeze, follow them directions for making the meatballs. Bake them, let cool then store in freezer bags or a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. To serve, let the meatballs thaw in the fridge then add to your favorite sauce and simmer until heated through.
As I said, these meatballs have become a favorite not only with my family but the Southern Soul readers as well!
“This recipe is our family and friend’s favorite meatball and marinara sauce recipe. The recipe is easy to follow. The ingredients are always on hand. The hardest part of this recipe is trying not to eat them all at one time. I usually make a double batch – they freeze extremely well. Another “A Southern Soul” Winner.“ Hope
“My family LOVED these! This is a 5-star recipe.” Natalie
What To Serve With Meatballs
Last but not least…
If you make this Eas Homemade Meatball recipe, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Homemade Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs – beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans of San Marzano crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil – torn
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix until all ingredients are incorporated being careful not to over mix. Or mix gently with your hands being careful not to overwork.
- Using a #40 ice cream scoop, or a tabspoon, scoop out the meat mixture and roll into balls. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown.
- To serve, place meatballs in marinara sauce and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot. Add onion and cook on medium-low heat until onions are translucent. Add garlic and cook for approximately 2 minutes being careful not to burn.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, red pepper flakes, and salt. Simmer on low for 15 minutes. This can be done while meatballs are cooking in the oven.
- Right before serving, add fresh basil and serve with or without pasta and lots of grated Parmesan cheese.