Tender, yellow squash, grilled to perfection and drizzled with a bright lemon chive vinaigrette is side dish that you’ll make all summer long! Fresh vegetables are easy to grill and once you taste the flavor, you’ll be hooked.
Last week I stopped by a local farm stand to pick up some fresh strawberries and was happy to see they had other vegetables for sale. I bought some lettuce and could not resist the squash. I love yellow squash and it brings back so many great memories of when I was a little girl. Stewed squash was always on the table at Sunday lunch. It was thick, buttery and tasted like summer. Of course, when I saw those bright yellow beauties, I had to have some.
The bunch that I picked up is some of the first of the season and is more like baby squash so, I decided to grill them and add a little additional flavor with a lemon, chive vinaigrette. They turned out great with a fresh, sweet flavor. I grilled them just long enough to keep a little crunch and along with the tartness of the lemon and the garlic flavor of the chives, all I can say is, welcome to summer!
More great grilling recipes:
Grilled Yellow Squash
- 8-10 small squash or 3-4 large
- canola oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to high.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise.
- Place in a shallow dish and drizzle with canola oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- While squash is marinating, make vinaigrette by adding all ingredients into a mason jar then gently shake to mix.
- Grill squash on medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side (6-7 minutes if large squash.)
- Remove from heat and drizzle with dressing.
Make sure to PIN this recipe to SAVE!