This post is sponsored by my friends at Dan-O’s Seasoning, but all opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support my family and me.
Perfectly seasoned, then roasted with butter, fresh parsley, and lemon zest in a cast-iron skillet, this is the BEST Pork Tenderloin ever! This recipe for juicy, tender pork tenderloin is super simple to make for a weeknight meal, Sunday supper and is special enough for entertaining.
Guess what? This recipe for roasted pork tenderloin really is the best. That’s a bold statement, I know, but I’m putting it out there. And I’ve got proof.
What makes this the best, juiciest, most flavorful Roasted Pork Tenderloin is a combination of a few simple things.
- A blend of seasonings to bring out the best flavors of the meat.
- Searing the meat then roasting the tenderloin with butter and fresh parsley in a cast iron skillet.
If those two points alone don’t make your mouth start to water, then, I don’t know what will. But don’t take my word for it. You can make this amazing main dish in around 30 minutes and let your family decide. Just know, I’ve got your back, and you can take all the credit for making the BEST Roasted Pork Tenderloin ever.
Roasted Pork Tenderloin Ingredients
- Pork Tenderloin – 1.5 to 2 pounds, trimmed
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Red Chile Flakes (leave out if you don’t want the heat)
- Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Zest
- Fresh Parsley
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
You don’t need anything fancy to make this crazy delicious pork tenderloin recipe. There are a few items though that make it easy.
- Cast Iron Skillet – for searing and roasting the pork.
- Chef’s Knife and Cutting Board – for prepping the pork, and chopping the parsley.
- Microplane – use to zest the lemon peel.
- Instant Read Thermometer – a must for reading the internal temperature of the roasted pork.
How To Roast Pork Tenderloin
This recipe is truly easy to make. There’s no marinating, very little prep, and it’s all done in about 30-40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together Dan-O’s Original Seasoning, salt, pepper, and paprika. Coat the pork tenderloin with the seasoning mix and sear in a hot cast-iron skillet that has been drizzled with olive oil.
- Next, zest one lemon, chop 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley and mix together. Dot the tenderloin with butter, then sprinkle on the zest and parsley. Cover the skillet with aluminum foil and place in the oven to roast.
- When the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees, remove the pan from the oven. Let the pork tenderloin rest for 10 minutes, slice, drizzle with pan juices and serve.
Storing And Reheating Leftovers
To store leftovers, place the sliced pork in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for 2-3 days.
To reheat, place the pork tenderloin on a sheet pan, covered with foil, and heat in the oven set to 350 degrees until warmed through.
What To Serve With Pork Tenderloin
The ways to serve this incredible recipe and what to serve it with are almost endless. Here are some of my favorites:
- Scalloped Potatoes, Maple Bacon Green Beans, Ambrosia Salad for Sunday Supper.
- Spinach Artichoke Pull Apart Bread, Spicy Cucumber Tomato Salad for a weeknight meal.
- Bacon Chipotle Baked Beans, Cranberry Pecan Slaw, Crock Pot Creamed Corn for a family gathering.
More Recipes Like This One You’ll Love
- Easy London Broil
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 2 ¾ to 1 pound each pork tenderloins (they will come packaged together)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dan-O's Original Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon zested
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together Dan-O's seasoning, salt, paprika, and pepper. Coat the pork tenderloin.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the lemon zest and chopped parsley, then set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle in olive oil and sear the pork tenderloin on all sides. Turn off heat, dot the tenderloin with butter, and sprinkle on lemon zest and parsley. Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Roast the pork for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature reaches about 145. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the meat rest for 10 minutes. Slice the tenderloin and drizzle with pan juices. Sprinkle with additional parsley and serve.
What would you suggest to use instead of the Dan-O’s seasoning? I have the tenderloins, but would have to order the seasoning and I want to roast the tenderloins for tonight.
Hey there Vicki!
Thank you so much for your interest in this recipe, I think you’re really going to love it! If you don’t have time to order Dan-O’s, my recommendation would be to make a small batch of my Homemade Montreal Seasoning, I will put the link below this comment. While Dan-O’s seasoning is preferred for this dish, my Montreal Seasoning has fantastic flavors that are delicious with pork tenderloin, it would also compliment the lemon in this recipe very well. Let me know how everything turns out if you give it a try, I’d love to hear what you think of the recipe, I hope you enjoy!
This sounds so good. I only have a 6 1/2 inch cast iron skillet. Can you suggest an alternative way to prepare it? Thank so much. Linda
Hey there Linda!
Thank you so much for your interest in this recipe, that’s a great question! There are a lot of options for searing the pork tenderloin, I like to use a cast iron, but if you don’t have one big enough to fit a tenderloin, you can sear it in the bottom of a dutch oven or any heavy bottom stainless steel skillet. I hope this helps, let me know how everything turns out, I’d love to hear what you think!
I tried this last night for dinner and it was INCREDIBLE! The buttery lemony flavor with the DANo’s seasoning was out of this world! Super easy to follow recipe, thank you Donya!
Hey there William!
Oh my goodness! Thank you so much for your kind words and this phenomenal rating! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed this recipe, I completely agree with you that the butter and lemon combo is unbeatable! Thank you so much for your support, if you ever have any questions please feel free to reach out!