Sweet honey, infused with spicy peppers is easy to make and totally addictive! If you love sweet and spicy flavors, then I’m giving you fair warning…after one taste, you’re going to want to drizzle Hot Honey on just about everything!
You may be thinking thinking that the combination of honey and peppers is strange but I can assure you, it’s pure magic. Recently, I was introduced to Hot Honey and I fell completely, head over heals IN LOVE. I’ve always had a passion for sweet and savory flavors and now, I’ve got a whole new “thing” for sweet and hot. If you’re one of those folks who like hot sauce, then it’s time to up your flavor game and Hot Honey is how to do it!
This recipe is extremely simple and takes just minutes to make. I made my version of Hot Honey with Jalaneños and red pepper flakes but you can change out the type of pepper if you want to make the honey hotter. Once you’ve made the recipe and let your beautiful concoction cool, just put it in a jar with a lid and store it in the fridge.
What you’ll need to make Hot Honey:
- light, pasteurized honey, like clover
- red chili flakes
As I said, after just one taste of Hot Honey, you’re going to want to drizzle it on just about anything and everything. It’s great on chicken, biscuits, cornbread, pizza, waffles, pancakes and it’s outrageously good in vinaigrette salad dressing. For a real flavor boost, add a spoonful to iced tea or mulled cider when the weather turns cool. Just let your imagination run wild!
What foods go with Hot Honey? Try these:
- Sweet Heat BBQ Chicken
- Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
- Herb Butter Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Ham and Cheese Egg Cups
- Sausage and Cheese Bread
- Fried Squash
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Roast
- 12 ounces pasteurized honey
- 2 Jalapeño pepper - sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- To a medium size pot, add honey, Jalapeño slices and red pepper flakes. Over medium heat, simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool in pot.
- When cooled, place in a jar with lid and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!