Creme Brûlée flavored with lemon is fresh and light. It’s also surprisingly easy to make. If you’re a citrus lover like I am, then make this dessert. You’ll love it!
One of my favorite desserts whenever we go out to eat is cream brulee. I love cracking the sweet top layer to reveal the creamy custard inside. I’ve combined my love of this dessert with one of my favorite flavors, lemon. Even though this dessert has a fancy name it’s really easy to make.
What you’ll need to make this Lemon Cream Brulee:
- Whipping Cream
- Egg Yolks
More great recipes with lemons:
- Lemony Asparagus & Pea Pasta Salad
- Grilled Lemon Chicken
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- Bourbon Basil Lemonade
Creme Brûlée Flavored with Lemon
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- Golden brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Arrange 8 custard cups/dishes in a 13 x 9" metal pan.
- Combine cream and lemon peel in a small saucepan and bring to simmer.
- Whisk sugar and yolks in a separate bowl until thick, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in hot cream - a little at a time so that you don't scramble the eggs - then add vanilla and salt.
- Let mixture stand for approximately 10 minutes.
- Strain custard and divide among cups. Pour hot water (not boiling) from a kettle into baking pan - enough to come up half way on the cups.
- Bake custard until just set in center about 45-50 minutes. Remove and chill uncovered at least 3 hours.
- To make sugar crust, crush the light brown sugar (through a mesh strainer or with the back of a spoon) and divide between cups. Custards can be put under the broiler about 2 minutes or a cooks torch can be used. Chill until sugar is hard and crisp, about 1 hour.
- Serve alone or with fresh berries.
Pin this recipe HERE to save!