Cool, refreshing lemonade with a Southern flair thanks to fresh basil and bourbon. This cocktail is great for parties, Derby Day or whenever you’d like to sit back and “chill” on a warm summer day!
Every now and again, I like to get a little creative in the cocktail department. I’m normally a wine drinker but sometimes, I venture out and make a little something special to sip on. I was inspired by Mr. A Southern Soul when I made this drink since he’s the bourbon drinker in the house. He’s pretty much a “teetotaler” except for one thing, good Kentucky bourbon.
Now, I like bourbon but prefer to have something added to it, and lemonade seemed like a good choice. The combination of sweet, lemonade (I used store bought) with a splash of fresh squeezed lemon juice and a bit of bourbon is a terrific combination but I didn’t stop there. I added a bit of “green” to my drink with the addition of basil and took what was already a great drink to an outstanding cocktail!
This is an excellent drink to serve at parties since you can mix up the ingredients in a pitcher and folks can serve themselves. If you want to make this drink for the kids or for those who don’t like alcohol, just leave the bourbon out. It’s a refreshing drink either way.
What to serve with a Bourbon Basil Lemonade cocktail:
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
- Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
- Salami & Cream Cheese Roll-ups
- Cheddar & Chive Cheese Ball
For a drink that’s super easy to make and has a bit of Southern sass, this Bourbon Basil Lemonade is all you need. It’s my new, “let me sit back and enjoy my afternoon” cocktail!
Other cocktails to enjoy:
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon - I used Blantons
- 1 cup lemonade - I used Simply Lemonade
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Place basil in palm of hand and clap hands together, bruising the basil then place in glass with ice. Pour in bourbon and add lemonade. Stir and enjoy!
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!