This is not your average pigs in a blanket recipe! This is an adult version using smoked kielbasa, mustard, and puffed pastry with a poppy seed topping. They are terrific for game day, an afternoon snack, a cocktail party, or tailgating.
I know that whenever someone says they are bringing “pigs in a blanket” to a party, it conjures up fond memories of a childhood favorite dish. Cute little pieces of hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls and baked to perfection.
Don’t get me wrong, I still love those tasty bites but it was time to put a new twist on this classic recipe. My version comes together so quickly and is much easier to make ~ no wrapping each little piece, just slice, and bake.
You can change up this recipe by adding spicy or honey mustard then using sesame seeds instead of poppy. Really though, and I’m speaking the truth here…what’s not to love about a hot dog wrapped in warm bread!
Pigs in a Blanket
Take your pigs in a blanket recipe up a notch with this adult version using smoked kielbasa, mustard and puffed pastry with a poppy seed topping. This yummy snack is great for game day, an afternoon snack, a cocktail party or tailgating.Print Pin Rate
- 1 sheet of puffed pastry - thawed
- 1 link of polish kielbasa ( I used smoked turkey)
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 large egg - beaten
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment. Set aside
- On a lightly floured service, roll out puffed pastry, removing all fold lines. Cut in half on lengthwise.
- Mix together mustard and mayonnaise. Brush both pieces of pasty with mixture.
- Cut sausage into 2 pieces and place in the middle of puffed pastry. Gently roll pastry around sausage and pinch end to seal.
- Brush puffed pastry with egg and sprinkle on poppy seeds. Cut roll on a slight diagonal into 1.5 inch pieces. Place on parchment and bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown on outside.
- Remove from oven and serve with mustard or ketchup.
Need more ideas for tailgating? Try these great recipes…