Take your pigs in a blanket recipe up a notch with this adult version using smoked kielbasa, mustard and puffed pastry with a poppy seed topping. This yummy snack is great for game day, an afternoon snack, a cocktail party or tailgating.
- 1 sheet of puffed pastry - thawed
- 1 link of polish kielbasa ( I used smoked turkey)
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 large egg - beaten
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment. Set aside
- On a lightly floured service, roll out puffed pastry, removing all fold lines. Cut in half on lengthwise.
- Mix together mustard and mayonnaise. Brush both pieces of pasty with mixture.
- Cut sausage into 2 pieces and place in the middle of puffed pastry. Gently roll pastry around sausage and pinch end to seal.
Brush puffed pastry with egg and sprinkle on poppy seeds. Cut roll on a slight diagonal into 1.5 inch pieces. Place on parchment and bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown on outside.
- Remove from oven and serve with mustard or ketchup.
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $20.49
- Price: $3.51Was: $3.80
- Price: Check on Amazon