This post may contain affiliate links.
Crescent Roll Pigs In A Blanket are a classic finger food that everyone from little to big kids love! Buttery crescent rolls wrapped around little smoke sausages sprinkled with poppy seeds and a garlicky twist make this retro recipe even better.
There are some foods that make you smile and bring back a flood of good memories. Pigs In A Blanket does that for me. For as long as I can remember, these yummy little bites were at every kid’s party, covered dish supper, and family gathering.
Why You’ll Love These Mini Pigs In A Blanket:
- They are super easy to make with just a few ingredients.
- You can make them ahead of time and bake them before serving.
- The recipe is easy to double or triple when you are feeding a crowd.
- You can customize them with different toppings, stuff them with cheddar cheese, and serve with your favorite sauce or dip.
What Is Finger Food Friday All About?
Finger Food Friday is an outstanding way to get the weekend going! On Fridays, I share a recipe that’s perfect for winding down and relaxing after a long week. Finger foods make eating more casual and are great if you’re hanging out with friends or watching your favorite show with your family. And let’s not forget, finger food recipes are easy to make.
Last week’s Finger Food Friday recipe: Mini Cheese Balls
Scroll down for complete measurements and instructions
Ingredients For Crescent Roll Pigs In A Blanket
- Canned Tube of Crescent Rolls – you can also use puff pastry or biscuit dough.
- Package of Little Smokies Sausage – hot dogs cut into thirds also work great.
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Poppy Seeds – everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, or Kosher salt can be subbed as well.
5 Days of Christmas at Home
FREE EMAIL Bonus
Festive recipes to make your holiday kitchen full of joy
How To Make This Mini Pigs In A Blanket Recipe
- Heat the oven, then unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into eight triangles. Cut each triangle into three equal skinny parts, creating a total of 24 small triangles.
- Place one cocktail sausage on the broad base of one triangle. Roll the sausage toward the pointed end of the triangle, then place seam side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet or ungreased cookie sheet.
- Mix the garlic powder and onion powder with the melted butter and brush on the dough. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and bake.
- Serve warm with your favorite dip.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
Sauces To Serve With Pigs In A Blanket
There are all kinds of ways to serve these mini pigs wrapped in buttery pastry! One of my favorite ways is with a dipping sauce. Of course, you can stick to the classics like ketchup and mustard or kick things into high gear with one of these homemade sauces or dips:
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Spicy Mayo Sauce
- Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce
- Alabama White Sauce
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
- Classic Green Goddess Dressing
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough sheet on a lightly floured surface and separate the triangles. Cut each dough triangle into three equal pieces, creating a total of 24 thin triangles.
- Place one little smokie sausage on the wide base of a triangle. Roll the sausage toward the pointed end of the triangle, allowing the dough to overlap and wrap around the sausage. Place the rolled sausage on prepared baking sheet, point-side down.
- Whisk together the egg, 1 teaspoon water, garlic powder, onion on powder in a small bowl until smooth. Brush the egg wash over the dough and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Place in the oven until the dough is puffed and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Serve warm with your favorite dip or sauce!
Craving More Easy Finger Food? Try These Recipes:
- No-Bake Ranch Fire Crackers
- Perfectly Popped Stovetop Pop Corn
- Salami Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Ranch Dill Pickles (Viral TikTok Recipe)