Million Dollar Dip made with just a few simple ingredients is totally addictive and deserving of its name! This easy dip recipe made with cheese, bacon, green onions, almonds and mayo is great to serve at parties, for game day or when you’re entertaining.
When it comes to appetizers, my mantra is simple. Give me all the dips! I love any and all kinds of dips. Whether they’re loaded with veggies, cheese are savory or sweet, I’m a fan.
You may have heard of this vintage recipe before by another name. Million Dollar Dip or Neiman Marcus Dip has been a crowd-pleasing recipe for years. The recipe first appeared in Helen Corbitt’s Cookbook by Helen Corbitt with the title of Almond Bacon Cheese Spread. Rumor has it that is was first served in the Zodiac Room in Neiman Marcus. The thing is, I don’t really care what you call it, just give it to me! It’s rich, creamy and packed with amazing flavor.
What Goes In Million Dollar Dip
- Slivered Almonds
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onion
Tips To Making This Recipe
- This one-bowl recipe comes together in about 5 minutes. Just put everything in a bowl and mix. That’s it!
- Use good mayonnaise, not salad dressing. I use Hellman’s and it gives just the right amount of tang with a luscious creamy texture.
- I use bacon bits instead of cooking the bacon myself. I’ve tried this recipe both ways and honestly, you can’t tell the difference. If you want to save some time, bacon bits is the way to go.
- Do take the time to grate the cheese. Packaged shredded cheese has extra ingredients to prevent caking that I find alters the flavor of the cheese.
- I give the slivered almonds an extra chop. This makes all the ingredients about the same size making it easier to dip with crackers or chips.
Can Million Dollar Dip Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! This is one of those great party dishes that actually gets better once the flavors have time to hang out together. Make the dip and pop it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. You can store it up to two days but in my house, it never lasts that long.
What To Serve With This Dip
I like to serve a combination of corn chips and crackers with Million Dollar Dip. It’s also great with carrot sticks and celery. A nice combination would be pretzels and chips, too.
Want More Savory Party Appetizers? Check Out These Recipes
- Game Day Crockpot Meatballs
- Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
Million Dollar Dip
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese - grated
- 4 green onions - thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup bacon bits
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic - minced
- To a medium-size bowl, add all ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Store in the fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
To Save This Recipe, Pin Here!