Million Dollar Dip made with just a few simple ingredients, is totally addictive and deserving of its name! This easy dip recipe made with cheese, bacon, green onions, almonds, and mayo is great to serve at parties, for game day or when you’re entertaining.
Million Dollar Dip: Worthy Of The Name!
When it comes to appetizers, my mantra is simple. Give me all the dip recipes! I love any and all kinds of dips. Whether they’re loaded with veggies, cheese is savory or sweet, I’m a fan.
You may have heard of this vintage recipe from the 1950s by another name. Million Dollar Dip or Neiman Marcus Dip has been a crowd-pleasing recipe for years. The recipe first appeared in Helen Corbitt’s Cookbook by Helen Corbitt with the title Almond Bacon Cheese Spread. Rumor is that it was first served in the Zodiac Room in Neiman Marcus. The thing is, I don’t really care what you call it, give it to me!
What Goes In Million Dollar Dip
- Slivered Almonds, Bacon, and Green Onion bring flavor and texture.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese for an extra cheesy flavor.
- Garlic Powder and Mayonnaise bring everything together.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and measurements.
Tips To Making This Recipe
- This one-bowl recipe comes together in about 5 minutes. Just put everything in a bowl and mix. That’s it!
- Use good mayonnaise, not salad dressing. I use Hellman’s, which gives just the right amount of tang with a luscious, creamy texture.
- I use bacon bits instead of cooking the bacon myself. I’ve tried this recipe both ways; you can’t tell the difference. Real bacon bits are the way to go if you want to save time.
- Do take the time to grate the cheese. Packaged shredded cheese has extra ingredients to prevent caking, which I find alters the flavor of the cheese.
- I give the slivered almonds an extra chop. This makes all the ingredients the same size, making it easier to dip with crackers or chips.
Can Million Dollar Dip Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Absolutely! This is one of those great party dishes, like Hawaiian Meatballs or Dill Pickle Herb Dip, that actually gets better once the flavors have time to hang out together. Make the dip and pop it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. You can store it for up to two days, but in my house, it never lasts that long.
What To Serve With Homemade Dip
- Fresh vegetables like carrot sticks, cucumbers, and celery.
- Tortilla chips, toast, ritz crackers, or a potato chip or two are so good with this dip.
Craving More Appetizers? Try These
If you tried this Million Dollar Dip recipe or any other recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. Thanks!
- To a medium-size bowl, add all ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Store in the fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
- To make ahead: Make the dip and pop it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
- Leftovers: You can store it for up to two days, but in my house, it never lasts that long.