This post may contain affiliate links.
Tender chicken and pasta cooked in a rich tomato sauce then topped off with Parmesan cheese come together in a skillet in less than 45 minutes. This simple, quick, one-pot recipe is a new twist on an old favorite that’s totally delicious!
Honestly, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like pasta. Of course, that includes me, but these days I’m really trying to watch the number of carbs I eat and that puts me in a real quandary when it comes to enjoying a bowl of noodles. I need to balance eating what I love while eating healthy. It’s a delicate dance but one that can be done.
One of my go-to recipes that accomplish both of those eating goals is my Skillet Chicken Spaghetti. It’s a great combination of chicken with just the right amount of pasta for a healthy balanced recipe.
This recipe is not only crazy good, but it’s also super easy to prepare in a skillet on the stovetop. I love cooking in my cast iron skillet since it conducts heat beautifully which makes searing easy and clean up is a breeze.
More Family Favorite Skillet Recipes:
- Southern Fried Corn
- Skillet Green Beans
- Garlic Parmesan Skillet Rolls
- Skillet Cinnamon Apples
- Skillet Beef Stew
Ingredients For Skillet Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken – I like to use thighs
- Olive Oil
- Dried Herbs – I use Thyme and Oregano
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
This recipe is quick and easy to whip up. After cooking the spaghetti, everything is made in the cast iron skillet. That’s a winning cooking strategy in my book!
How To Make This Recipe:
- First, sprinkle your chicken chunks with salt, pepper and, herbs. Sear it in your cast iron skillet with a little olive oil. Once done, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Next, start cooking your pasta. While the water starts to boil, make your sauce. Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, put it into your sauce and slightly mix.
- Nestle in your chicken and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese. Put the skillet in the oven, set to broil. Set the timer for 2 minutes. Check it after about 1 ½ minute and when the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, you are done!
Since we’re keeping things simple, I always serve this yummy recipe right out of the skillet, family-style. And, to continue with our eating balanced theme, I serve it with a fresh green salad tossed in a homemade vinaigrette.
Can Chicken Spaghetti Be Make Ahead Of Time?
You bet! You can make it then store it covered in the fridge until you are ready to reheat it. You can also transfer it to a baking dish and store, covered in the refrigerator for up to three days then reheat in the oven.
Is Skillet Chicken Spaghetti Freezer-Friendly?
Absolutely. To freeze, make the recipe according to the directions then transfer to a freezer-safe casserole dish and freeze for up to 3 months.
More One-Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
- Herb Butter Roast Chicken And Potatoes
- Easy Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
- Skillet Beef Stew
- Creamy White Chicken Chili
- Easy One-Pot Lasagna Soup
- Heat oven to broil.
- In a cast iron or heavy skillet, heat olive oil. Sprinkle chicken with thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Place in hot skillet and cook on both sides until done. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Heat water in a large pot. Cook pasta according to package direction until al dente, being careful not to over cook.
- Heat skillet on low temperature. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for additional minute. Gently pour in crushed tomatoes and stir to incorporate cooked ingredients. Add salt, pepper and sugar and cook for 5 minutes. Add cooked spaghetti and gently stir it into the sauce. Add chicken chunks into skillet, nestling into spaghetti. Sprinkle cheese over spaghetti and chicken and place on rack in oven.
- Broil chicken spaghetti until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling around edges of skillet.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with addition cheese and parsley if desired.