One-Pot Lasagna Soup is full of all the flavors that you love from classic lasagna, but so much easier to make! This simple recipe made with ground beef in a rich tomato broth topped with creamy ricotta and rich Parmesan is a one-pot meal that’s comfort food at its best.
Warm, comforting, and satisfying. That’s what a big bowl of soup is all about, right? That’s what I think, and I can proudly say that THIS soup has all of those bases covered.
One-Pot Lasagna Soup is rich, meaty, and full of tender noodles. When it’s topped with smooth ricotta cheese, Parmesan, and a sprinkle of fresh basil, you’d got the makings of something special!
Ingredients For This Recipe
This simple recipe is made in one pot! It has layers of flavor from pantry ingredients that you probably have on hand.
- Ground Beef
- Tomato Paste
- Italian Seasoning
- Canned Crushed Tomatoes
- Vegetable Stock
- Lasagna Noodles
- Ricotta Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Basil
Tips For Making Lasagna Soup
- I use lean ground beef for this recipe. There’s less grease from the meat yet provides yummy flavor. You could also add Italian sausage for even more savory flavor.
- Use good canned tomatoes. I use San Marzano crushed tomatoes and love their rich, full tomato taste.
- If you want to make this soup ahead of time, follow the directions up until adding the noodles. Since the pasta will absorb a fair amount of liquid, it’s best to add the lasagna noodles before serving.
- Serve the soup with a heaping spoonful of ricotta. Stir in the cheese, then dig in. You’ll have all the flavor of baked lasagna in every delicious bite!
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes, you can. You’ll want to taste and adjust the seasoning since the beef has a much richer flavor. You might need to add more seasoning flavor if chicken or turkey is used.
To keep this recipe true to its roots, I recommend using lasagna noodles. You could use other heartier pasta like farfalle, or rotini if needed.
How To Serve Lasagna Soup
To add all the flavors of traditional lasagna, then you’ve got to have cheese! Spoon on a heaping dollop of ricotta cheese along with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan. For a bit of brightness, add on some fresh torn basil, and you’re set.
How To Store Leftovers
If you are lucky enough to have some leftovers, store the soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a pot on the stovetop or in the microwave.
More One Pot Recipes
- Chicken And Cheese Tortellini Soup
- Pizza Pasta Bake
- Herb Butter Roast Chicken and Potatoes
- Skillet Beef Stew
- Mushroom Rice
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Easy One Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic – minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 8 – 9 lasagna noodles – broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- fresh basil – chopped **optional
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in tomato paste and Italian seasoning cooking for 1 minute. Carefully pour in tomatoes and vegetable stock. Stir. Bring the soup up to a boil then reduce to simmer. Add in lasagna noodles and simmer for 15 minutes.***if the soup is too thick, add water.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with a spoonful of ricotta and sprinkle of Parmesan. Sprinkle with fresh basil if desired.