Usher in Autumn with a Spiced Pear Moscow Mule! This seasonal twist to the classic cocktail is refreshing and easy to make with pear infused simple syrup, vodka, ginger beer, and a squeeze of fresh lime. It’s the perfect drink to sip on this fall.
I make it no secret that I love the change of seasons, especially when it’s time to say good-bye to summer and welcome fall. For the past few years, to help get everyone around me get in the mood for sweater weather, I’ve made a few snacks and drinks that are full of some of my favorite seasonal flavors.
Last year, I made Sweet and Salty Snack Mix and served it with Apple Cider Mimosas. The combination was an instant hit with my friends and Mr. SS. With that success, I knew I had to come up with a special drink for this year as well.
My new creation, a Spicy Pear Moscow Mule, is a great twist on the classic beverage served up in really good vodka, ginger beer, and a squeeze of lime and you’ve got a cocktail that’s worthy to be served all fall and winter long.. This refreshing drink gets its flavor from a simple syrup made with pear juice, cinnamon, cloves, and sugar. Mix that with
What You’ll Need To Make This Cocktail
- Pear Juice
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Whole Cloves
- Ginger Beer
How To Make Spiced Pear Simple Syrup
Simple syrup is super easy to make. One of the fun things about making your own is all of the different flavors you can add. For this recipe, I’ve used warm spices to give my drink just the right amount something extra.
- Add 1 cup of pear juice, 1 cup of sugar, 2 cinnamon sticks, and 3 whole cloves to a small .
- Over medium-high heat, bring to mixture up to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is melted.
- Turn down the heat and let the syrup simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture is cooled, strain the simple sugar and store it in a jar with a lid.
- Chill it in the fridge until you’re ready to make your Spiced Pear Moscow Mule.
How Long Will Simple Syrup Last?
If you store it properly, the simple syrup will last about 10 days in the fridge. I like to store it in awith a screw-top lid.
What To Serve With Spiced Pear Moscow Mules
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp
- Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
Spiced Pear Moscow Mule
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ½ ounces spiced pear simple syrup
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
Spiced Pear Simple Sugar
- 1 cup pear juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole cloves
To Make The Cocktail
- Fill a mug or tall glass with ice. Add the vodka, spiced pear simple syrup, and lime juice. Top with ginger beer. Stir, and garnish with a pear slice and cinnamon stick.
To Make The Simple Syrup
- Add 1 cup of pear juice, 1 cup of sugar, 2 cinnamon sticks, and 3 whole cloves to a small saucepan. Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture up to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is melted. Turn down the heat and let the syrup simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Once the mixture is cooled, strain the simple sugar and store it in a jar with a lid. Chill it in the fridge until you're ready to make your Spiced Pear Moscow Mule.
This post contains affiliate links.
Kvell Spirits, supplied me with the vodka used in this recipe. To learn more about them and their products, click here.