Easy to make Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp is sticky, sweet, and spicy with a burst of fresh citrus flavor! This 7-ingredient recipe is great served as an appetizer and will quickly become a favorite main dish at suppertime.
It doesn’t matter if you’re cooking for a house full of people or just you and your main squeeze, having an easy, foolproof recipe is a must. Hopefully, that dish is one that can do double duty and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
If you don’t have one of those recipes, your worries are now over. Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp is easy to make in less than 20 minutes, can be served when you’re entertaining friends and family or when you want a delectable main dish.
What makes this recipe so successful is 2 things – peeled, deveined shrimp, and uncomplicated, flavor-packed ingredients. Just like in Shrimp Salad and Pickled Shrimp, using delicious ingredients really lets the flavor of the shrimp shine through.
Here’s What You’ll Need For This Recipe:
- Peeled, Deveined Shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- Olive oil
- Lime Juice
- Red Chili Flakes
Tips For Making Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp
- You can use either fresh or frozen shrimp for this recipe. Thaw frozen shrimp in the refrigerator overnight or run under cool water for 5 minutes until defrosted.
- Before using, make sure to dry the shrimp so that the seasoning will stick. I lay the shrimp on a cutting board and pat dry using paper towels.
- I recommending using extra-large shrimp for this recipe. Look for 26/30 count shrimp at the grocery store.
- Use a cast-iron skillet or heavy bottom pan. Heat the pan on high to get a good sear on the shrimp.
- I cook the shrimp for about 2 minutes per side. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp which will cause them to become rubbery.
- When I serve this recipe as an appetizer I use tail-on shrimp. I cook and serve the shrimp right in the cast iron skillet for a wonderful presentation. For convenience, you can use tail removed shrimp when making this recipe as a main dish.
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead Of Time?
This is one of those recipes that does not lend itself to making ahead of time. It’s so simple with very little prep time so that making it in advance is not needed.
What To Serve With Garlic Honey Lime Shrimp?
- Instant Pot Garlic and Herb Rice
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits
- Skillet Green Beans
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Noodles
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- To a medium-size bowl, add shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, salt, and red chili flakes. Toss together and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Heat cast-iron skillet on high. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp, add honey, and lime juice. Toss to coat. Continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes until shrimp are done and sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat, taste, and adjust seasoning. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.