Extra crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, these Air Fryer Chicken Wings are totally irresistible! No oil or marinating is needed for the BEST wings made in about 30 minutes.
But, there’s nothing, absolutely nothing that my guys love more than chicken wings. I’m a fan as well when the wings are done right. For me, that’s super crispy skin with tender, juicy meat on the inside.
For the BEST “wings done right” air frying is THE THING. Hot swirling air from convection cooking produces an incredibly crispy, juicy chicken wing that you can’t get from frying or from baking in the oven.
There are a few basic things you need to do to make really, really good wings:
- Make sure your wings are dry before cooking. I pat them dry with paper towels and let them sit on the counter for 5 minutes.
- I like to use a dry seasoning mix on my wings. Put the wings in a bowl and liberly sprinkle on whatever seasoning you like.
- Since the chicken skin has enough fat in it, you do not need to add additional oil.
- Cook the chicken in batches. You don’t want to crowd the air fryer basket so that the air can flow freely.
- As the wings cook, shake the basket about every 5-8 minutes. Pull out the handle and give the basket a good shake to loosen the wings so that they cook evenly.
There are usually 2 camps when it comes to serving chicken wings, either wet or dry. As I said, I like them dry, loaded with savory seasoning. But if you like them wet then that’s ok, just add your favorite sauce and enjoy.
Ideas For Serving Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Sprinkle on hot pepper flakes then dip into Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Once they are cooked, dip them into Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce for a punch of smoky flavor.
- I use Homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning to add a good dose of pepperiness.
- Serve Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery on the side to cool things off.
- Seasoning blends like lemon pepper, Za’atar, and Ranch are great for sprinkling on the wings before cooking.
Check Out These Air Fryer Recipes
Let me know if you make this recipe!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Using paper towels, pat chicken dry. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place 1 layer of chicken wings in the air fryer basket. Do not crowd basket. Set the air fryer to 375 degrees and cook the wings for 20 minutes, shaking the basket every 5-8 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for 3 minutes for extra crispy skin.
- Remove wings from the basket, sprinkle with additional seasoning, and salt if desired. Serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links.