Garden fresh tomatoes and herbs tossed with mozzarella in a two-ingredient dressing might just be the most simple, most delicious salad ever! Things this good just don’t need to be complimented.
I’ve been a fan of Caprese Salad for years. There is just something about fresh, sweet tomatoes with soft Mozzarella cheese. When it’s served, and I get that first little waft of fresh basil, my mouth starts watering, and honestly, I get downright giddy.
I love that this salad is dressed simply with a splash of good olive oil and balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. It’s like summer in every single bite!
My super simple version of a Caprese Salad takes out about fifty percent of the work needed (which the salad’s not hard to make to start with) to make this recipe. I use Mozzarella “pearls,” which you’ll find alongside regular Mozzarella in the grocery, and grape tomatoes.
Since I have pots of herbs growing right outside my back door, so I just pluck off some basil leaves, tear them up a bit and add them to the bowl for a bright burst of fresh flavor.
Ways to serve Super Simple Caprese Salad:
- On its own for lunch or as a side dish at supper.
- With crusty bread as an appetizer.
- Over pasta for a light lunch or dinner.
- Piled on “take out” pizza for a fresh new twist.
- Add in tuna or rotisserie chicken and a bit of cooked pasta for a great protein-packed salad.
Let me know if you make this recipe!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul.
- Add tomatoes, cheese and basil to a medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Pour over salad and gently toss. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to mix. Serve immediately.
- **Best served at room temperature. Can be stored in refrigerator for two days.