Macaroni Salad For A Crowd is an easy to make recipe that’s ideal for potlucks, covered dish suppers or entertaining. This simple recipe with pasta, onions, celery and a creamy dressing is always the first to disappear on the buffet table!
If you’re entertaining this summer, then this Macaroni Salad is a must make! It’s always a favorite when served and you’ll be surprised at how quickly it vanishes. I think the reason people like it so much is because it’s a simple dish with very few ingredients that work perfectly together. It’s a big bowl of old fashioned goodness that’s hard to resist.
To make Macaroni Salad For A Crowd, you’ll need these ingredients:
- elbow macaroni
- red onion
- Dijon mustard
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Over the years, I’ve built up a collection of recipes that are perfect to make when you’re feeling lots of people. Whether I was hosting a birthday party for the boys, having the neighbors over for a cookout or feeding the drum line before a football game, I’ve served up scrumptious dishes that are easy to make and big on flavor. One of the things that I’ve always made sure to pay attention to is this – don’t serve food that’s complicated and has too many ingredients. I’ve found that folks prefer recipes that have good quality ingredients, are seasoned well and prepared with care.
Those qualities are what makes this macaroni salad such a hit. It has just couple of fresh ingredients, pasta that’s been cooked perfectly and a creamy dressing that pulls it all together beautifully. So, when it’s time to take a dish to a special gathering or opening your home to friends, you can be sure when you serve this macaroni salad that everyone will be tickled that they know you!
Other recipes for feeding a crowd:
- Fruit Salad For A Crowd
- Salad For A Crowd
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
- Lemony Asparagus & Pea Pasta Salad
Macaroni Salad For A CrowdPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni (1 box)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup red onion - chopped
- 3 ribs celery - cleaned and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parsley - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Per instructions on pasta box, bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt to water and add pasta. Cook 8-9 minutes for al dente tenderness. Drain pasta and rinse with cool water.
- To a large bowl, add pasta, red onion and celery. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or lidded jar, add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix together until creamy. Pour dressing over pasta and veggies. Mix gently making sure all pasta is coated with dressing. Sprinkle on parsley and taste, then adjust seasoning.
- Serve immediately. Can be stored, cover in refrigerator for up to two days.
Making this recipe? Then make sure to follow us on Instagram @asouthernsoul and tag us with #asouthernsoul, so we can see what’s cooking in your kitchen!
Pin this recipe HERE!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Price: $16.55Was: $19.66