Sweet Heat BBQ Chicken made with your favorite BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, honey and red pepper flakes then grilled to perfection is a must make this summer! This super easy recipe makes a great dish for a weeknight meal and leftovers are great for salads or sandwiches.
Every summer, I look forward to busting out the grill and scheming about all the wonderful food I’ll cook. There’s just something about the smokey flavor and slightly charred edges of meat and veggies cooked on an open flame that’s totally mouthwatering. Even though I like most anything cooked on the grill, one of my ALL TIME favorites is chicken. I am an absolute nut about barbecued chicken and so is my guy so it looks like we are a match made in heaven when it comes to loving grilled foods.
This past week, while we were at the coast, I had access to a gas grill at the house we were renting so I had to try my hand at grilling. I came up with this easy marinade and knew it would be perfect for chicken. It starts with store bought BBQ sauce. I added in some bottled Italian dressing, honey, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. I whisked it all together then poured it over the chicken. After letting it marinade overnight, I fired up the grill and got to cooking.
After several minutes, the chicken came off the grill and let me tell you, it was awesome. The meat was tender, juicy and had a sweet flavor along with a bit of heat. The flavor of the Italian dressing added an “extra something” that was unexpected and really made a big difference. I’d cooked chicken breasts and thighs so we had enough for dinner that night and leftovers. For lunch the next day, I sliced up the chicken, tossed it in with some fresh greens and cheese then drizzled on some Caesar dressing. This is one easy to make, delicious, BBQ Chicken recipe that is now on my “must make” weekly menu plan.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes
- Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken
- Lemon Grilled Chicken
- Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- Grilled Chicken and Goat Cheese Salad
- Grilled Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together BBQ sauce, salad dressing, honey, red pepper and salt. Place chicken in a ziptop bag and pour in marinade. Place in refrigerator for two hours or overnight to marinate.
- Prepare grill by oiling grates to prevent sticking. Remove chicken from bag and place on grill. Discard marinade bag. Grill chicken turning until cooked on both sides for 15 - 18 minutes. Instant read thermometer should read 165 to 180 when done.
- Remove chicken from grill and rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and drizzle on fresh lemon juice if desired.
Want to save this recipe? No problem, PIN it HERE!