This grilled chicken recipe might just be the only one you’ll ever need! From making the marinade to grilling up the chicken, you’ll be done in 20 minutes or less. Never again will you be wondering what to do with all that “on sale” chicken you bought!
We have become slightly obsessed with this chicken. I think over the past month, I’ve made it three times. I’ve served it for dinner, made incredible sandwiches, added it to a salad plus some some jacked-up chicken salad. One evening, I kept things super simple and served it with tortillas, pineapple salsa and a green salad and it was gobbled up in minutes. I’m sure there are other ways I could use it because it just so stinking good!
The great flavor comes from two sources, the marinade and the grill. To make the marinade, I used my homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning mixed with olive oil, lemon and butter. To achieve maximum flavor, here’s the deal – grill the chicken with just salt and pepper, THEN brush on the marinade. It may sound crazy not to immerse the chicken in the marinade before grilling, but I’ve found that the flavors come together so much better this way.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I love it when I can get the main dish for dinner done in less than 20 minutes. All you really need with this juicy, well seasoned chicken is a salad and maybe a side dish and you are in business. Looks like stocking up on chicken has it’s benefits!
Grilled Lemon Pepper ChickenPrint Pin Rate
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 lemon - juiced
- 1 tablespoon Homemade Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, butter, lemon juice, steak seasoning and garlic.
- Grill chicken over medium high heat for 3 - 4 minutes. Turn chicken and brush on marinade and continue to cook. Turn chicken and coat with remaining marinade and grill until done. Total cooking time - approximately 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from grill, lightly cover with foil to rest for 5 minutes.
- HELPFUL TIPS:1) I slightly pound my chicken so that it cooks evenly.2) After cooking, season with additional salt and/or Montreal Steak Seasoning.3) Squeeze over lemon for added flavor.
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!