Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are big, chewy, and bursting with peanut butter flavor! Perfectly baked with oatmeal, butter, cinnamon, and an extra helping of peanut butter, these cookies are seriously delicious.
When it comes to cookies, I’m a classic recipe kind of girl. With that admission out of the way, I think there’s nothing more classic than a peanut butter cookie.
Over the past few months, I’ve been experimenting with peanut butter cookie recipes. My desire has been to come up with a recipe that was loaded with peanut butter flavor along with a soft, chewy texture. Now, I can proudly say, I’ve nailed it!
Why You’ll Love These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies:
- they are soft and chewy on the inside
- have crispy edges
- they have just the right amount of cinnamon…think Snickerdoodle meets Peanut Butter Oatmeal
- are easy to make
- use simple pantry ingredients
- are melt in your mouth delicious
Ingredients For This Recipe:
- Old-Fashioned Oats
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Peanut Butter
- Brown Sugar
Like most cookie recipes, you’ll want to make sure that your butter is at room temperature and the same goes for the egg. I use my stand mixer for this recipe but you can certainly use a hand mixer or wooden spoon if you’re looking for a bit of a workout.
Questions And Helpful Tips For Making These Cookies
Old fashioned oats work best in this recipe. They give just the right amount of texture to the cookie.
Regular jarred peanut butter works best. I do not recommend using fresh ground or natural peanut butter. For an added twist, you could use chunky peanut butter.
Yep, they sure can. You can bake the cookies then freeze them in a zip top bag. When you are ready to enjoy, thaw on the counter until they come to room temperature.
Store the baked cookies in an airtight container. They will keep for about 4 days, if they last that long!
More Sweet Treat Recipes To Make
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together oats, flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- To the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, peanut butter, white and brown sugars. Beat until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
- Set the mixer to low and add in the dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Scrap down the sides of the bowl. Using a large cookie scoop, #16, scoop out cookie dough and place on prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between cookies. Place 6 cookies per baking sheet. Bake cookies in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on the edges but the center still soft. Be careful not to over bake.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack.
- Serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature.