Easy to make Three Cheese Quiche with cheddar, mozzarella and Parmesan is a great main dish for breakfast, brunch or a weeknight meal. It’s an excellent make-ahead recipe that freezes beautifully, to help save time and reduce stress in the kitchen!
If you are a cheese lover, then you are going to be over the moon for this recipe. Three Cheese Quiche is a simple yet flavor-packed dish that totally irresistible. I recently added this new ingredient combination to my collection of quiche recipes and I’ve quickly become a fan.
My family loves eggs and we’re spoiled with having fresh eggs delivered to us every week. A friend of ours has chickens and she always has more eggs than she can use, so every weekend we get two dozen. Fresh eggs are something special with their beautiful bright yellow yolks and rich flavor that makes any recipe you use them in above average regarding taste. If you don’t have a friend who raises chickens, I know that’s an uncommon thing, make sure to check out your local farmer’s markets and pick some up, then make this quiche. You’ll love the extra flavor from fresh eggs and the gooey cheese and fresh herbs make this recipe downright delectable!
Try These Great, Easy To Make Egg Recipes:
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- Bacon Cheddar Quiche
- Frittata with Sausage and Cheese
- Ham and Cheese Egg Cups
- Instant Pot Bacon and Cheese Egg Bites
- 1 9 inch frozen deep dish pie crust
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup half & half or whole milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese - shredded ***halved
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese - shredded
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese - grated
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives - chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Take pie crust from freezer, to thaw and place on a baking sheet for easy handling. Sprinkle cheddar (4 ounces), mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on bottom of pie crust. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half and sour cream until frothy. Add in garlic powder, parsley, chives, salt and pepper and whisk. Pour egg mixture over cheeses. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top and place in oven.
- Bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes until top of quiche is golden brown and center is set. Remove from oven and serve immediately
TO FREEZE - follow instructions and cook for 35 minutes until center of quiche is barely set. Remove from oven and let cool. Wrap quiche with foil, then place in a ziptop back and freeze. When ready to reheat, let quiche thaw in refrigerator then place in oven, set at 350 for 15 minutes.
Make sure to PIN this recipe HERE to SAVE!
Hi Donya— I am making this quiche for Easter brunch, 2022.
1. At the point of reheating, should the oven be preheated?
2. What about adding some cream cheese? Would that work? If so, about how much? And at what point in the prep process do you recommend adding the cream cheese?
Love your recipes. Thanks so much
Hey there Charlotte!
Thank you so much for your interest in this recipe, it will be perfect to serve for Easter Brunch this weekend! What you’ll want to do is preheat the oven to 375 before you begin preparing the quiche. I’ve never put cream cheese in my quiche before so I’m not entirely sure how it would turn out, I think it might make the filling mixture too thick, but if you have time to experiment it’s worth a try! Thank you so much for your kind words and for your support, if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to reach out!
My family loves quiche so I’m always looking for new simple delicious recipes and this one did not disappoint! It was so easy to make and packed with so much flavour. Thanks for this, its a keeper!
Hey there Sabrina!
Wow! I am so happy that you and your family enjoyed this recipe! It’s a favorite in my house so it warms my hear to hear y’all enjoyed it as well. If you liked this recipe, and y’all are quiche fans, then you should check out my Ham and Cheese quiche recipe, I think you’d really like it! Thank you so much for your kind words of support and your phenomenal rating, if you ever have any questions about a recipe please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Absolutely fantastic. The only change I made was to use a refrigerated pie crust. The seasonings were to my family’s taste, added a salad… wonderful dinner. I look forward to freezing some in the future to have on hand.
Thank you for sharing! Yum;)
Are you supposed to bake the pie crust before filling with the quiche ingredients (Three Cheese Quiche) ? The directions say take pie crust from oven and place on a baking sheet.
Hey, Bonnie! Thanks for your question. Please take a look at the updated instructions. You do not pre-bake the pie shell. I hope this helps and that you’ll make the quiche. Let me know how you like it.
Thanks again, and have a wonderful week!
This is delicious! My husband wasn’t big on quiche and he loved it! Thanks so much for sharing it..
Awesome! Thanks for the terrific rating.