This week I visited our new Aldi Store and found lots of great food at really good prices. One of the items I picked up was a corned beef brisket. I was anxious to see how my new food adventure was going to turn out, so I grabbed my slow cooker and got to work. I am here to tell you, the brisket turned out great! I was able to make 2 meals out of that big boy of 4 lbs. and my guys are already asking when I can make it again. With the start of school around the corner, this brisket made into Reuben sliders is going to be at the top of my “go to” list of things that make my life easier.
- Layer 1/2 of chopped veggies in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place corned beef on top of veggie with fat cap up.
- Add remaining veggies and garlic around side of meat.
- In a bowl, mix beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, celery seeds and red pepper – pour over beef.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top of corned beef, coating well.
- Pour dark beer around side inside of slower cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- When done, remove from cooker, slice or shred with 2 forks.
1 package party rolls or slider buns
Shredded corned beef
6-8 slices Swiss cheese
1000 Island Dressing – 1 cup mayo, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard mixed well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice pan of dinner/slider rolls in half, horizontally – you will have all of the tops attached and a layer of rolls for the bottom.
- Spread both sides of bread with sauce.
- Layer on shredded corned beef.
- Top with Swiss cheese – covering beef.
- Gently place top layer of bread on cheese and meat.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on top of rolls.
- Wrap tightly in tinfoil, place on a sheet tray and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and slice sliders.