All the flavors of a classic Reuben sandwich are loaded into this creamy, outrageously cheesy Crock Pot Reuben Dip! It’s a favorite at any party and perfect for entertaining. Made in the slow cooker or baked in the oven, this is one seriously delicious dip to serve any time of the year.
Every year, I make a new recipe for St. Patricks Day. It’s a special day around the Southern Soul house not just because we’ve got a wee bit of the Irish in us but also because it’s Mr. SS birthday. Well, it’s time to buckle up! This year I’ve brought my A-game. This hot dip, made with all the mouthwatering flavors of a Reuben sandwich is over the top delicious!
It’s hot, cheesy, meaty and made with only 6 ingredients. If those three things don’t get you going then how about this…it can be made in the slow cooker or baked in the oven. All it takes is a bit of chopping, shredding, mixing and cooking. How’s that for the perfect dip?
What Goes Into Crock Pot Reuben Dip?
Full disclosure, this is one rich and flavor-packed dip. Each ingredient is loaded with flavor on its own and then when they’re mixed together, you’ve got something that’s so special. Even those “I hate sauerkraut” people, like my sweet hubby, love this dip!
- Cream Cheese
- Deli Corned Beef
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Swiss Cheese
Whenever I get a Reuben sandwich at my favorite deli, I always ask for extra Thousand Island dressing. It gives just the right amount of sweetness along with a bit of tang. For this dip, you could buy some bottled dressing but since it’s so easy to make with pantry ingredients, I highly encourage you to make it yourself. Here’s my recipe for Classic Thousand Island Dressing. It’s great in this recipe, is delicious drizzled over fresh greens and makes a yummy dip.
What To Serve With Hot Reuben Dip
- Pita Chips
- Bagel Rounds
- Triscuit Crackers
- Carrot and Celery Stick
- Tortilla Chips
I like serving easy to make appetizers when I entertain. I always serve simple, delicious food that allows me to spend as much time as possible with the folks I love.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- 8 ounces cream cheese - 1 block
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 1 cup sauerkraut - drained and all juice pressed out
- 2 cups corned beef - chopped (from deli section at the grocery store)
- 2 cups Swiss cheese - grated
Crock Pot Instructions
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Thousand Island dressing. Add-in sauerkraut, corned beef, cheese and stir. Transfer mixture to crock pot. Set heat to low and timer to 2 hours.
- At the end of the 2 hours, stir dip, and serve with crackers.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Thousand Island dressing. Add-in sauerkraut, corned beef, cheese, and stir. Spoon mixture into a greased ovenproof baking pan. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
Make sure to grab the recipe for Classic Thousand Island Dressing! It’s super easy and you probably have all the ingredients on hand.