Bacon Cheeseburger Bites are the ideal bitesize treat for parties, tailgating or when you’re craving a flavorful snack. Made with seasoned ground beef, bacon and cheese then stuffed into phyllo cups, these savory snacks are totally addictive!
I’m pretty sure that these Bacon Cheeseburger Bites are the BEST game day appetizer I’ve ever made. I know that’s a mighty bold statement, but I do believe it’s true. We are in full football mode around here, which I happen to love, so I always bring out my “best game” day recipes every Saturday and Sunday. I added these small bites to my line up last week and I’m not gonna lie, they scored BIG TIME!
This super easy recipe actually comes together in less time than it does to make and cook a burger on the grill. The Phyllo cups, which replace the traditional bun on a burger, are filled with ground beef seasoned with Worchestershire Sauce, ketchup and bacon then baked. With a sprinkle of grated cheese and more bacon, these babies are done! I served them with mustard, ketchup, and pickles on the side so that folks could choose their favorite topping. These Bacon Cheeseburger Bites disappeared in the blink of an eye!
What you’ll need to make Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
- Ground Beef
- Worchestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Phyllo Cups
How to make this recipe
These hearty small bites are super easy to make. First things first, slice the bacon and cook it in a skillet. Once it’s nice and crispy, remove it and drain on paper towels. Remove excess grease from the skillet then add ground beef. Cook until beef is no longer pink. Add Worchestershire sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper and half of the cooked bacon. Mix well.
Now for the fun part. Load up the Phyllo cups. This recipe makes enough filling for about 45 cups. I’ve found the prepared Phyllo cups, 15 per box in the freezer section of the grocery. Fill each cup with the cheeseburger mixture then bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with grated cheese and sprinkle on remaining bacon. The hard part now is, try not to eat too many before you serve them to your family and friends!
What else can you serve with Bacon Cheeseburger Bites?
For an awesome appetizer and drink game plan that includes these savory bites, check out these recipes:
- Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
- Lemon Shandy
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
- Sweet and Nutty Snack Mix
- Grapefruit Salty Dog
- Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 3 boxes Phyllo cups
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese - grated
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove Phyllo cups from freezer and let sit on counter while preparing filling
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces. Cook in skillet until crispy. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Dice bacon into smaller pieces. Set aside. Remove any additional grease in skillet. Cook ground beef on medium heat until no longer pink. Add ketchup, Worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper and 1/2 of bacon. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Place Phyllo cups on a baking sheet. Fill each cup with a heaping spoonful of cheeseburger mixture. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes or until cups are crispy. Remove from oven. Top with grated cheese and remaining bacon. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe and want to save it? Pin it HERE!