Grab your favorite beer and make a light, refreshing Lemon Shandy. This classic drink made with lemonade and beer is a great drink on a hot day and is perfect for tailgating, game day or your next backyard party!
If you’re wondering where this beverage it got it’s interesting name, here’s a bit of history. A Shandy is a drink made of beer mixed with lemonade, ginger ale or ginger beer. It first appeared in Britain in the mid-nineteenth century. Lemon Shandy is a thirst quenching drink that is so easy to make, maybe that’s why it’s been popular for so long. I love the combination of lemon with a wheat beer or light lager. With the addition of a twist of lemon, it’s a drink that’s perfect for a hot summer day.
Other easy to make cocktails:
Don’t forget to make some great snacks to go along with your drink. I love serving salty snacks with a Lemon Shandy since they just pair beautifully together. Cheers, y’all!
What to serve with a Lemon Shandy? Try these snacks and appetizers:
- Air Fryer French Fries with Dipping Sauce
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
- Jezebel Sauce with Cream Cheese
- Cream Cheese & Olives with veggies
- Spicy Sausage Dip
- Salami Chips with Mustard Horseradish Dip
- 6 ounces lemonade - homemade or your favorite
- 6 ounces wheat beer or light lager
- 1 lemon sliced
- Add lemon and beer to a glass or chilled mug. Add crushed ice and stir. Add lemon slice and enjoy!
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!