Let’s think about this for a minute…sweet, tangy balsamic vinegar, rich brown sugar, a few herbs and spices covering a lean pork roast, all cooked low and slow for a few hours. All I can say is – yes, more, please!
Last week, while doing an early morning grocery run, I came across a great buy on pork roast. I snatched up a couple and decided to cook one that day. I had an idea of what I wanted the end result to be regarding flavors and opted for the slow cooking method since I had a busy day ahead of me. After a few hours of cooking, my kitchen was full of great aromas and it was time to get working on my glaze. Since I’m a big fan of balsamic vinegar, I knew it would be one of my ingredients. With the addition of brown sugar and soy sauce, my glaze was almost there.
Again, all I can say is – yes, more, please!
Balsamic Brown Sugar Glazed Pork Roast in the Slow Cooker
Sweet, tangy balsamic vinegar, rich brown sugar, a few herbs and spices covering a lean pork roast, all cooked low and slow for a few hours.Print Pin Rate
- 2-3 pound pork roast
- 1 medium onion - sliced
- 3/4 cup stock - vegetable or chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Layer sliced onion in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place pork roast on onions.
- Mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme - sprinkle on roast.
- Pour stock carefully around the side of the roast.
- Cook on low for approximately 6 hours or hight for 4.
- 30 minutes before roast is done, mix together brown sugar, water, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar in a small pot.
- On medium low heat, bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce by about 1/3 or until slightly thick.
- Set glaze aside.
- When roast is done, take out of slow cooker and place in a roasting pan.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 1/3 of the glaze over the roast and place in oven.
- Continue to glaze roast every 5 minutes until glaze is used up.
- Take roast out of oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice or shred with a fork. Serve with extra drippings.