This post may contain affiliate links.
Sweet, tangy balsamic vinegar, rich brown sugar, a few herbs and spices covering a lean pork roast, all cooked low and slow for a few hours make a main dish masterpiece. Served with your favorite sides, you’ll soon be saying – yes, more, please!
Whether you’re making my Crock Pot Chicken Thighs or Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Beef, you’ll love the deep, rich flavors produced by cooking food low and slow. This Pork Roast has those same flavors and more!
Updated on 11/5/2021
Last week, while doing an early morning grocery run, I came across a great buy on pork roast. I snatched up a couple and decided to cook one that day. I had an idea of what I wanted the end result to be regarding flavors and opted for the slow cooking method since I had a busy day ahead of me.
After a few hours of cooking, my kitchen was full of great aromas, and it was time to get working on my glaze. Since I’m a big fan of balsamic vinegar, I knew it would be one of my ingredients. With the addition of brown sugar and soy sauce, I’d put together the best glaze ever and the result was ah-maz-ing!
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Pork Roast
- Vegetable Stock
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Thyme
- Brown Sugar
- Soy Sauce
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked
Equipment I Use For This Recipe
To cook the pork roast, I use an 8-quart slow cooker. I also use a heavy bottom saucepan to make the sauce.
What Makes This Recipe To Delicious?
The ultimate success of this dish comes by putting the roast in the oven for glazing. Here’s how to make the glaze:
- 30 minutes before the roast is done, mix together brown sugar, water, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar in a small pot.
- On medium low heat, bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce by about ⅓ or until slightly thick.
- Set glaze aside.
How Long Do I Cook The Pork Roast?
You can cook this recipe either on low or high in the crock pot.
- On LOW – 6 to 7 hours
- On HIGH – 4 to 5 hours
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This recipe also freezes well. Place the leftover pork along with the glaze in a freezer safe container. Freeze for up to 3 months.
What To Serve With Balsamic Brown Sugar Pork Roast
Now comes the good part. Serving this delicious roast! This easy-to-prepare main dish is great for Sunday Supper and perfect when you are entertaining. But remember, it’s a set it and forget it recipe, so it’s ideal for a weeknight meal.
- I like to serve glazed pork roast with Scalloped Potatoes and Roasted Broccoli. This is the ultimate in simple yet elegant home cooking.
- This roast makes a great addition to a Thanksgiving buffet. It’s terrific served with Roasted Butternut Squash With Bacon, Green Beans and Skillet Cinnamon Apples.
- For a family weeknight meal, serve the slow cooked pork roast with Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli Cauliflower Salad.
More Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love!
- Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
- Crock Pot Bourbon Meatballs
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
- Slow Cooker Busy Day Pot Roast
- Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Sliders
- 2-3 pound pork roast
- 1 medium onion – sliced
- ¾ cup stock – vegetable or chicken
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Layer sliced onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Place pork roast on top of onions.
- Mix together salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme – sprinkle on the roast.
- Pour stock carefully around the side of the roast.
- Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours, or high for 4-5.
- 30 minutes before the roast is done, mix together brown sugar, water, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar in a small pot. On medium-low heat, bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce by about ⅓ or until slightly thick. Set glaze aside.
- When roast is done, take out of slow cooker and place in a roasting pan.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour ⅓ of the glaze over the roast and place in the oven. Continue to glaze roast every 5 minutes until glaze is used up.
- Take roast out of oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice or shred with a fork. Serve with extra drippings.
Want To Know More About Slow Cooking?
If you are new to cooking with a Crock Pot or just don’t know where to start, I’ve got something to help. I’ve put together a helpful guide with tips and recipes to get you using a slow cooker like a pro!
loved this recipe and the yummy juices were awesome on mashed potatoes. Very easy to prepare.
Dr. Pamela M Kaminski
Can you place potatoes in the slow cooker along with the onions?
Go for it.
This turned out amazing. Glaze definitely made it extra tasty
WOW! You’ve made my day. Thanks for sharing.
I appreciate your terrific rating!
My family loved this.
We had leftovers so next day we made bbq
Sandwiches out of it
Awesome and thanks for the terrific rating! I know those sandwiches were delish.
could I do this in a dutch oven? I don’t currently have a slow cooker.
Sure. It will turn out great.
Thanks, Betsi for the nice comment and the outstanding rating!
This was amazing!! I will be making it again. My entire family enjoyed it. Thank you!! I wish I was able to add a picture.
Hey there Tanya!
My goodness, I am thrilled to hear that everyone enjoyed this recipe! If you enjoyed this recipe, you should check out my Busy Day Slow Cooker Pot Roast, it’s just as simple to prepare and it makes for a wonderful easy weeknight meal. Thank you so much for your kind words and your phenomenal rating, I really appreciate your support, let me know if you ever have any questions!