Glazed Orange Muffins are a sweet way to brighten your day! Made with fresh orange juice and zest, they’re tender and soft with just the right amount of sweetness. These scratch made muffins are ideal for breakfast, brunch or an afternoon snack.
I’ve had an open request for these muffins for over 5 years. You see, one of my best friends, Robin, asked me to come up with an orange muffin recipe several years ago. Robin and I, along with our friend, Pam have been friends all our lives. There’s just something about having “ride or die” friends to make you jump when they have a request even if it’s for muffins. Now, here’s the thing. Robin wants these muffins because her Mama, Sylvia, used to make them. I have the BEST memories of being at Robin’s house watching Sylvia whip up one of her fabulous dishes. She was an outstanding cook and everything she made was delicious. So, to honor my friends request and Sylvia’s memory, I’ve done my best to some up with a muffin recipe that’s as close as possible to the original. If I’ve even gotten just half way to making Sylvia’s recipe, then I’ve accomplished something amazing.
What you’ll need to make Glazed Orange Muffins:
- all purpose flour
- baking powder
- sour cream
- confectioners sugar
How to make Glazed Orange Muffins?
These muffins are easy to make with just a couple of steps. The only prep work needed is zesting and juicing the oranges. After that, it’s just a matter of measuring out the dry ingredients into one bowl, the wet ingredients in another, do a little stirring then combining the two. Next, grab a muffin pan, place 12 cupcake liners inside the cups, scoop in the batter and bake. When the muffins are done, let them cool and stir up the sweet glaze with confectioners sugar, zest and juice. Drizzle on as much as you like then, dig in.
These Orange Muffins are like a burst of sunshine in every bite! They are a great, sweet treat to add to a lazy weekend breakfast or brunch. I like to enjoy them with a cup of coffee in the afternoon when It’s time to take a break. I just sit back, snack on my muffin and think about all the memories of incredible times with my two lifelong friends…and of Sylvia.
Want other sweet treats to enjoy in the morning?
- Crescent Roll Cream Cheese Danish
- Honey Cinnamon & Orange Vanilla Breakfast Butters
- Banana Granola Muffins
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Whole Wheat Applesauce Muffins
Glazed Orange MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter - melted
- 1 large egg - beaten
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Add 12 muffin/cupcake liners to a muffin pan. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, egg, orange juice, sour cream and zest. Add wet mixture into dry and stir to blend. Do not over mix or muffins will be tough. Spoon into 12 muffins cups. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until a tooth pick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.
- For glaze, mix together confectioners sugar, orange juice and zest. Drizzle over muffins. Let set and drizzle a second time if desired.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!