This post may contain affiliate links.
Warm, savory Zucchini Cheese Bread is super delicious and so easy to make. This no-yeast, quick bread is loaded with cheddar cheese and tender zucchini with just the right amount of garlic. Slather on some butter or enjoy it plain. Either way, you’ll be smitten with this simple recipe!
Whether you have a garden or not, you know that zucchini is always abundant in the summer. I’m not a gardener, but many of my friends are, and they have loaded me up with zucchini which seems to be coming out of their ears.
In true Southern Soul style, I used a simple and uncomplicated recipe to make something loaded with flavor using my gifted zucchini.
Zucchini Cheese Quick Bread is tender, easy to make, and downright delicious. What does it taste like? Well, in the words of my soon-to-be daughter-in-law, “this bread tastes like cheddar bay biscuits (you know, from that famous seafood restaurant) but better.” Now, that’s a compliment I can get on board with!
In This Post You’ll Find Everything You Need To Make This Recipe:
Ingredients Needed For Zucchini Cheese Bread
- Zucchini – shredded but do not squeeze out all the water
- Cheddar Cheese – shredded (you can substitute ½ mozzarella cheese and ½ Parmesan cheese)
- Fresh Chives – chopped
- Sour Cream
- Butter – melted and cooled
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Garlic Powder
How Do You Prepare Zucchini For Bread?
Do You Need To Peel The Zucchini?
Nope, there is no need to peel the skin off. Once the grated zucchini is mixed into the batter, it will bake beautifully and become tender.
How To Make This Recipe
- Add the grated zucchini, eggs, sour cream, cooled melted butter, and chives to a mixing bowl and stir. Once mixed, add in the cheese.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir. The batter will be thick, which is what you want for this recipe.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the mixture into the pan and bake at 350 for about 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
What Size Loaf Pan Is Recommended?
I used a 9X5 metal, non-stick pan for this recipe.
How To Store And Freeze
You can store this bread on the counter or in the fridge. I like to wrap it in parchment and place it in a zip-top bag.
Let the bread cool completely to freeze, then wrap it tightly in foil or plastic. You can freeze the whole loaf at a time or in individual slices. To serve, let it thaw, then serve warm in the microwave or toaster oven.
What To Serve With Zucchini Cheese Bread
This hearty bread can be served in so many ways! I like it with a salad for lunch, and it’s perfect alongside soup or chili for dinner. It also makes a great after-school snack or enjoyed with a hot cup of tea.
- Award Winning Southern Soul Chili
- Healthy Mushroom Soup
- Everyday Green Salad
- Air Fryer Sausage And Potatoes
- Lasagna Soup
- Roasted Cabbage Soup
More Quick Bread Recipes
- Quick And Easy Beer Bread
- Blueberry Bread
- Easy Banana Nut Bread
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Pecan Streusel Bread
- 1 ½ cups shredded zucchini (DO NOT squeeze out the water)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup cooled melted butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment and lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To a medium size mixing bowl, add zucchini, chives, eggs, sour cream, cooled melted butter, and stir to combine. Add in cheddar cheese and stir again.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and garlic powder. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. The batter will be very thick. Spoon zucchini mixture into the prepared loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove bread from the oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice and serve immediately, or store in plastic wrap on the counter or refrigerator.