Blue Cheese Slaw is a crispy, crunchy recipe that’s got a little something extra that folks just go wild about! Serve it as a topping for burgers, dogs, pulled pork and grilled sausages. It’s also an outstanding side dish a weeknight meal.
This is somewhat of an embarrassing thing so say, but I am so excited to share this recipe with y’all. After all, it’s just a slaw recipe. I should not be that concerned about a “side dish” that goes on hot dogs, burgers or a picnic buffet table. Well, that is NOT how I roll. Being from the South, we take things like slaw seriously. I know, that’s a little dramatic, so, here’s the real story.I’ve been making this blue cheese slaw for years. Every time I do, people RAVE about it – even people who don’t really care for cabbage. There’s just something about the combination of mayo, 2 different mustards and those tender, pungent blue cheese crumbles that make everything come together beautifully with crunchy shredded cabbage.
At a party we hosted this week, I served my Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken on slider rolls topped with this slaw. Ok, now you get where I’m going. Is there really, anything better than chicken, bathed in buffalo sauce then combined with blue cheese? Honey child, this was some good stuff! Not to be braggadocios, but one of the men at the party did exclaim – “oh man, this is just the perfect bite!” Of course, I smiled and said, “I know, I planned it that way.” All kidding aside, this is a great recipe. It will exceed your expectations about what slaw really is and surprise your family and friends.
What To Serve With Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
Pin this recipe HERE to Save!
Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups good mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustards, vinegar, celery slat, kosher salt and pepper. Add shredded cabbage and toss till coated. Add crumbled blue cheese and gently fold into slaw.
- Cover bowl with store in fridge for at least 2 hours, letting flavors marry.
- Can be served cold or at room temp.