Easy Blue Cheese Dressing is cool, creamy, and loaded with chunks of rich blue cheese. It’s the perfect dressing for salads, makes an outstanding dip for fresh veggies, and is delicious with wings and slathered on burgers!
I love blue cheese. I can say without reservation that I’ve never met a funky cheese I didn’t like. Since my affection for blue cheese is so strong, it was just right and proper that I make a homemade dressing using it. This is one flavorful dressing that puts any store-bought blue cheese dressing to shame and as a bonus, it’s made in less than 10 minutes.
Not only do I love this dressing but it’s now become a favorite with my family and friends. Lately, I’ve been serving it drizzled over fresh lettuce and grilled pork tenderloin. It’s incredibly good served with chicken thighs made in the air fryer and of course, you’ve got to slather it on a bun when serving buffalo chicken sandwiches.
What You Need To Make Blue Cheese Dressing
- Blue Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Half and Half or Milk
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh Chives
- Salt and Pepper
Tips For Making This Recipe
No joke, this dressing comes together in less than 10 minutes. You don’t need any special kitchen equipment, just a bowl, spatula, knife or scissors for the chives, and good ingredients.
- Use whatever kind of blue cheese you like. Gorgonzola is a great choice and it’s not too expensive. Once you’ve selected the cheese, MAKE SURE to buy it in a block. Please don’t use blue cheese crumbles. The taste is just not the same and you’ll be disappointed in the outcome.
- Add in the Half & Half at the end of the recipe. It’s used to thin out the dressing so just use your own judgment on how thick you like it.
How Long Will Blue Cheese Dressing Last?
This dressing will last about a week in the fridge. I like to store it in mason jars with a screw-top lid.
Love Homemade Salad Dressing? Then Try These Recipes:
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Classic Thousand Island Dressing
- Semi-homemade Ranch Dressing
- My Favorite Vinaigrette
- Blueberry Vinaigrette
If you make this recipe, let me know!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons Half and Half
- salt to taste
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Add-in crumbled blue cheese, chives, and pepper. Stir. Add-in 1 tablespoon at a time of Half and Half to thin dressing to desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and additional pepper.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.