Easy Blue Cheese Dressing is cool, creamy, and loaded with chunks of rich blue cheese. It’s the perfect dressing for salads, makes an outstanding dip for fresh veggies, and is delicious with wings and slathered on burgers!
I love blue cheese. I can say without reservation that I’ve never met a funky cheese I didn’t like. Since my affection for blue cheese is so strong, it was just right and proper that I make a homemade dressing using it. This is one flavorful dressing that puts any store-bought blue cheese dressing to shame and as a bonus, it’s made in less than 10 minutes.
Not only do I love this dressing but it’s now become a favorite with my family and friends. Lately, I’ve been serving it drizzled over fresh lettuce and grilled pork tenderloin. It’s incredibly good served with chicken thighs made in the air fryer and of course, you’ve got to slather it on a bun when serving buffalo chicken sandwiches.
What You Need To Make Blue Cheese Dressing
- Blue Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Half and Half or Milk
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Fresh Chives
- Salt and Pepper
Tips For Making This Recipe
No joke, this dressing comes together in less than 10 minutes. You don’t need any special kitchen equipment, just a bowl, spatula, knife or scissors for the chives, and good ingredients.
- Use whatever kind of blue cheese you like. Gorgonzola is a great choice and it’s not too expensive. Once you’ve selected the cheese, MAKE SURE to buy it in a block. Please don’t use blue cheese crumbles. The taste is just not the same and you’ll be disappointed in the outcome.
- Add in the Half & Half at the end of the recipe. It’s used to thin out the dressing so just use your own judgment on how thick you like it.
How Long Will Blue Cheese Dressing Last?
This dressing will last about a week in the fridge. I like to store it in mason jars with a screw-top lid.
Love Homemade Salad Dressing? Then Try These Recipes:
- Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- Classic Thousand Island Dressing
- Semi-homemade Ranch Dressing
- My Favorite Vinaigrette
- Blueberry Vinaigrette
If you make this recipe, let me know!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul.
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons Half and Half
- salt to taste
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Add-in crumbled blue cheese, chives, and pepper. Stir. Add-in 1 tablespoon at a time of Half and Half to thin dressing to desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and additional pepper.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Excellent recipe! I love to make homemade dressing whenever I can and this hit the spot for my wings. I did use precrumbled blue cheese because I had to and it was still delicious! This will be my go to recipe!
Awesome and thanks for the terrific rating!
This is my go to blue cheese dressing. Since making your recipe,I no longer buy premade dressing. So easy and sooo good!! Thank you for a fantastic recipe.
Hey there Nanette!
Wow! I am so happy to hear that you’ve been enjoying this recipe, I completely agree with you that once you try the homemade version you can’t go back to store bought. If you liked this dressing, you should check out my Homemade Greek Salad Dressing, it’s my go-to vinaigrette and it’s just as easy to make as this recipe. Thank you so much for your kind words and this phenomenal rating, I really appreciate your support!
This may sound silly but can you use an 8oz block of blue cheese crumbled instead of measuring it in a cup? I do not know if the measurements would be the same or not.
Sure the 8 ounces will work. Go for it!
Have a great day.
Is that your cucumber recipe you had playing while I was looking at the blue cheese recipe??? where is It ///
I’m not sure which video was playing so here are 2 cucumber salad recipes: