Sometimes, simple is best. That’s definitely how I feel about asparagus. I think those beautiful long spears are without a doubt, most flavorful when it’s roasted.
I love how the tips get a little brown and crunchy but the middle is still tender. With just a few other ingredients and a really hot oven, you’ve got a delicious side dish in under 15 minutes, but here’s fair warning, you better make a big batch…they tend to get snagged before dinner is served.
Roasted asparagus is simple and easy, yet oh-so delicious.Print Pin Rate
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 large bunch of fresh asparagus
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash and dry asparagus. Trim ends.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place asparagus on tray and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Gently roll the asparagus in oil to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in hot oven for 9 minutes or until tips are browned.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and lemon juice.