Finally, spring & summer are here and FRESH fruit is on the way! So, in this house, it’s “cobbler time” (that should be a song!) and yes…this one is with blueberries. Sorry, for so many dishes about those sweet purple berries. I can’t help it – our family just loves them! I have been making this cobbler recipe for over 12 years, used lots of different fruits and it comes out great every time. It’s “a cup, a cup, a cup and 3″…. no kidding, it’s that easy! Keep this recipe on hand when you need a little comfort, have friends over or just want to celebrate the day! I’m thinking we may need to celebrate today – now, where is my mixing bowl….
It’s “cobbler time” and yes…this one is with blueberries.
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 2 quart baking dish in oven.
- Mix flour, sugar, milk and baking powder.
- When butter is melted, pour the flour mixture into the baking dish.
- Add blueberries - do NOT mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve while hot with ice cream.
If using fresh fruit, taste to determine the sweetness and ripeness. You may need to mix the fruit with a couple of tablespoons of sugar before using in the cobbler.