Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
These biscuits are perfect for an easy breakfast. They are really yummy toasted and when you add an egg with a little sausage or bacon…you are out the door in no time!Print Pin Rate
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk ( make your own with 1 3/4 scant cut of milk and 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon vinegar)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2½ tsp salt
- dash of cayanne pepper
- 9 tbsp butter - 1 stick plus 1 tbsp
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg - beaten (for egg wash)
- Cut cold butter into pieces and allow to soften on counter while mixing dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl add flour, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- Place the flour mixture in the bowl of stand mixer, add butter and grated cheese.
- Using the paddle attachment mix until the butter forms into small peas.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the buttermilk to the mixer and continue mixing until dough comes together.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and kneading several times.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch think.
- Using a round cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut out biscuits.
- Brush biscuits with the egg wash and bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes then let cool on a wire rack.
- Store in airtight container.