If you’re a mushroom lover like I am, then this is the soup for you. Try this healthier version of mushroom soup with no dairy added as soon as possible! It’s rich, loaded with meaty Portabella mushrooms, and has a deep flavor that’s amazing.
Rich, comforting mushroom soup that’s made with no cream is just what’s needed today! It’s cold and miserable outside and I’m over it. Since I could potentially work myself into a sour mood, which I refuse to do, I am going to take action! I have so much to be thankful for, several projects that need attacking and a list of recipes to try. So, with a good “talking to” that I gave myself – I went shopping in my fridge and pantry & low and behold… I found all the ingredients for mushroom soup.
I really, really like a good mushroom soup. Unfortunately, most recipes call for cream, half & half and other awesome ingredients that I LOVE but have been trying to reduce, or at least pay careful attention to. Well…today, I am just tickled because I think I’ve hit on something just right. This mushroom soup is rich with that meaty taste that the portabella mushrooms give to any dish. Topped off with some scallions and maybe some crusty bread – there will be no bad attitudes here tonight!
More great soups to enjoy ~
- Amazing Roasted Cabbage Soup
- Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Soup
- Taco Soup
- Southern Style Chicken Stew
- Homemade Tomato Soup
This recipe was originally published in February, 2013.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 3 cups chopped portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt butter in stock pot.
- Add onion, carrot and celery cooking until translucent over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic, mushrooms and thyme.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add stocks, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Taste and check for seasonings.
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
[amazon_link asins=’B012OIVV1C,B07G9N5JRH,B01M58PZK1,B01IG8X9E6′ template=’ProductCarousel-NoHeader’ store=’asouthernsoul-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’57703d58-12a8-11e9-ada2-c9e2b6b816cf’]
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe and follow us on Pinterest!