Spinach Salad with bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and red onion has a great combination of flavors and textures, making it so delicious and satisfying. Drizzle on Warm Bacon Dressing, which is sweet and savory all at once, for a nutritious salad or main dish.
This salad right here could easily be one of my love languages. While that might not make sense to some folks, I could eat it just about every day. Yep, this recipe holds the number one spot on my favorite salad list.
Why You’ll Love This Spinach Salad With Hot Bacon Dressing Recipe:
- It’s loaded with fresh, leafy spinach that adds an earthy flavor and crunch.
- Hard-boiled eggs bring a creamy richness and provide a protein source.
- The crispy bacon adds just the right amount of salty, smoky flavor that fits perfectly with sliced red onions.
- Everything is topped with hot bacon dressing that is made in just 5 minutes.
- This salad is great as a side dish and makes a terrific main dish for lunch or dinner.
Scroll down for measurements and instructions.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Fresh Spinach
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Cooked Bacon – chopped or crumbled
- Red Onion – thinly sliced
- Bacon Drippings
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Sugar – honey can be substituted
- Kosher Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
Variations And Additions
How To Make The Warm Bacon Dressing
- Cook the bacon in the oven or the air fryer until crispy. Reserve bacon grease.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper along with the mustard in a small bowl.
- Heat the bacon dripping in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When the drippings are warm, slowly pour in the vinegar mixture. Whisk all ingredients together until mixed well.
- Drizzle the warm dressing over the spinach salad.
Store any leftover spinach salad dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To use, warm the dressing in the microwave or on the stove over low heat in a small pan.
More Homemade Salad Dressing Recipes
- Creamy Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing
- Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Easy Blue Cheese Dressing
The Ultimate Game Day Party
FREE EMAIL Bonus
Delicious recipes that SCORE BIG every time
What To Serve With Spinach Salad
Even though this is a hearty, delicious salad on its own, there are lots of ways to enjoy it.
Spinach Salad is a fantastic addition to a buffet for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas or any holiday for that matter!
This salad is always a hit at wedding or baby showers, pot lucks, or church socials.
Craving More? Try These Salad Recipes:
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Best Easy Caprese Salad
- Everyday Green Salad
- BLT Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 pieces cooked crumbed bacon
- ¼ thinly sliced red onion
- 6 cups fresh, washed and dried baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ⅓ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place spinach on large platter or bowl.
- Arrange egg slices, crumbled bacon and onion on top of greens.
To Make The Dressing
- Cook the bacon in the oven or in the air fryer until crispy. Reserve bacon grease.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with warm dressing and toss.
- If needed, add olive oil to the bacon dripping to achieve three tablespoon total.
- Store any leftover dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To use, warm the dressing in the microwave or on the stove over low heat in a small pan.