Fresh green beans tossed in a bright, lemony dressing with tomatoes, onions, and feta cheese make an irresistible Green Bean Salad! This clean and simple recipe is ideal served as a side dish for a weeknight meal and is always welcome on a holiday buffet.
I made this for a family dinner, was looking for something different than tossed salad. This is my new favorite, love it! Not just for summer.Beth
It’s summer and that means fresh veggies! I couldn’t be happier. On weekends, I love taking a lazy walk through the farmers market to pick out all my favorite fruits and vegetables. One of the goodies that are always on my must-grab list is green beans.
Green beans are one of the most versatile vegetables I can think of, so it was easy to come up with a new way to enjoy them. A Green Bean Salad was my choice, and wow, the combination of crunchy beans, juicy tomatoes, sweet onions, and feta cheese is amazing. When you toss everything in a bright, homemade dressing, you’ve got a summer masterpiece.
Scroll down for measurements and instructions
What You Need To Make Green Bean Salad
- Fresh Green Beans
- Grape Tomatoes
- Vidalia Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
The Ultimate Game Day Party
FREE EMAIL Bonus
Delicious recipes that SCORE BIG every time
Not only is this green bean salad SO GOOD, but it also has lots of other fringe benefits. It’s great served either cold or room temperature. You can add in all kinds of other ingredients like pasta, tuna, or grilled chicken.
How To Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time
You can also make it ahead of time for covered dish suppers or potlucks. Here’s how I do it:
- Blanch the green beans for 2 minutes, then drain. Slice the tomatoes and onions. Crumble the feta cheese and toss everything together.
- Mix the dressing in a mason jar.
- Place the salad in a container or salad bowl. Nestle the dressing in the container and wrap everything with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge until you’re ready to head to the party. When you arrive, drizzle on the dressing, toss and serve.
What To Serve With Green Bean Salad
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- CopyKat Honey Baked Ham
Love Fresh Veggie Dishes? Try These Recipes
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Skillet Green Beans
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus With Lemon Panko And Feta
- 1 pound fresh washed and trimmed green beans
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- To a large pot of boiling, salted water, add green beans, and cook for 2 minutes. Drain beans, pat dry, and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, onions, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, add lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk or mix together. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss. Taste and adjust seasoning. Let marinate 15 minutes and serve.