Fresh green beans tossed in a bright, lemony dressing with tomatoes, onions, and feta cheese make an irresistible Green Bean Salad! This clean and simple recipe is ideal served as a side dish for a weeknight meal and is always welcome on a holiday buffet.
I made this for a family dinner, was looking for something different than tossed salad. This is my new favorite, love it! Not just for summer.Beth
It’s summer and that means fresh veggies! I couldn’t be happier. On weekends, I love taking a lazy walk through the farmers market to pick out all my favorite fruits and vegetables. One of the goodies that are always on my must-grab list is green beans.
Green beans are one of the most versatile vegetables I can think of, so it was easy to come up with a new way to enjoy them. A Green Bean Salad was my choice, and wow, the combination of crunchy beans, juicy tomatoes, sweet onions, and feta cheese is amazing. When you toss everything in a bright, homemade dressing, you’ve got a summer masterpiece.
Scroll down for measurements and instructions
What You Need To Make Green Bean Salad
- Fresh Green Beans
- Grape Tomatoes
- Vidalia Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
What’s For Dinner?
5 Easy Delicious Meal Plans + Secrets To Getting Dinner On The Table!
Not only is this green bean salad SO GOOD, but it also has lots of other fringe benefits. It’s great served either cold or room temperature. You can add in all kinds of other ingredients like pasta, tuna, or grilled chicken.
How To Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time
You can also make it ahead of time for covered dish suppers or potlucks. Here’s how I do it:
- Blanch the green beans for 2 minutes, then drain. Slice the tomatoes and onions. Crumble the feta cheese and toss everything together.
- Mix the dressing in a mason jar.
- Place the salad in a container or salad bowl. Nestle the dressing in the container and wrap everything with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge until you’re ready to head to the party. When you arrive, drizzle on the dressing, toss and serve.
What To Serve With Green Bean Salad
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Easy Air Fryer Salmon
- CopyKat Honey Baked Ham
Love Fresh Veggie Dishes? Try These Recipes
- Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Salad
- Skillet Green Beans
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Roasted Asparagus With Lemon Panko And Feta
- 1 pound fresh washed and trimmed green beans
- 12 ounces grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- To a large pot of boiling, salted water, add green beans, and cook for 2 minutes. Drain beans, pat dry, and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, onions, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, add lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk or mix together. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss. Taste and adjust seasoning. Let marinate 15 minutes and serve.
I made this for a family dinner, was looking for something different than tossed salad. This is my new favorite, love it! Not just for summer.
Thank you, Beth! You’ve made my day. I so appreciate the outstanding rating as well.
Can I use frozen steamed green beans? if so, how should I prepare them?
I would thaw them then make sure they are dry. Let me know how the recipe turns out.
I’m not a fan of feta cheese…..would crumbled blue cheese work do you think?
Sure – use what ever kind of cheese you like.
This salad was amazing after I drizzled on balsamic glaze. It improved it immensely
Hey there Luann!
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed this recipe! If you liked this salad, you should check out my Fresh Tomato Salad recipe, it’s just as easy to make and it tastes like a burst of summer with every bite. If you ever have any questions about a recipe, please don’t hesitate to reach out, I’m always happy to help!
This recipe is amazing! We make it all summer.
Hey there Margot!
Thank you so much for your fantastic rating and your kind words, I am so happy to hear y’all have been enjoying this recipe! If you like this salad, you should check out my Tomato Cucumber Salad recipe, it’s just as easy to make and it has bright, delicious flavors that are perfect for summer time!
Can’t wait to make this salad looks delicious Thanks
Hey there Shawna!
I am so happy to hear you’re giving this recipe a try, if you’re a green bean fan then you’ll love this easy to make salad! This is one of those dishes that can be enjoyed anytime of year, whether it’s July or served at New Years, the bright flavors unbeatable. Thank you so much for your kind words and your fantastic rating, I really hope you enjoy the recipe, let me know how everything turns out!
Yummm! This one is right up my alley, thank you!
Hey there Mary!
Thank you so much for your rating, I appreciate it. I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know how it turns out! Thanks for your support!
Wow, I just look for easy and simple recipe. This is so easy and tasty. I
100%GOOD JOB WELL DONE