Homemade Lemonade is cool, refreshing with just the right amount of sweetness along with a burst of citrus! Made with fresh-squeezed lemon juice and simple syrup, this simple drink recipe is perfect to serve at parties, cookouts, during the holidays, or anytime you want a glass of something cool and delicious.
I’m going to jump right to the point. You need to have this recipe on your “all-time best” things to make list. It’s lemonade. Really good lemonade. It’s homemade, easy and it one of those things that everyone needs to know how to make.
That might have been a bit sassy but sometimes we all have to be reminded about the most simple, wonderful things in life. This Homemade Lemonade is one of them.
I’ve made this recipe so many times I’ve lost count. I’ve served it at suppertime, brunch, lunch, and many a cookout. It’s been gulped down on hot afternoons while my boys played outside. Homemade Lemonade holds a place of honor on my Thanksgiving and Christmas table and it’s a must at any party.
Now you know why I’m so passionate about this recipe. With just a couple of ingredients, you can make an outstanding drink in no time!
Here’s What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Ice Cubes
What makes this Homemade Lemonade so yummy? Two things – fresh lemons and simple syrup.
Using fresh lemons is the best way to get that intense pop of citrusy goodness that makes this drink so special. Pick lemons that are a bit soft to the touch. That indicates they are ripe and juicy.
Next, make a simple syrup. It’s an uncomplicated process and the best way to control how much sweetness you like in your lemonade.
How To Make Simple Syrup
- Add equal parts water and sugar to a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until the sugar is melted.
- Let the syrup cool before using.
To pull everything together, I like to chill a pitcher while the simple syrup cools. Then, I pour in the fresh lemon juice, simple syrup and about 2 cups of water then give it a stir. I load up my cups with ice and pour in that glorious liquid. Cheers!
More Lemony Recipes To Try
- Classic Lemon Icebox Pie
- Lemon Shandy
- Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
- Lemony Asparagus & Pea Pasta Salad
- Bourbon Basil Lemonade
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh-squeezed lemon juice (about 6-8 lemons)
- 2 cups cold water
- Add sugar and water to a saucepan and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove the syrup from the heat and let cool.
- Add lemon juice and simple sugar to a chilled pitcher along with 2 cups of cold water. Stir and taste. Adjust taste with more lemon juice if needed.
- To serve, fill a glass with ice and pour in lemonade. Garnish with additional lemon slices and mint if desired.