Thanks to the Instant Pot, this all-time favorite comfort food can be made in less than 5-minutes of cooking time! Instant Pot Mac and Cheese made with Pepper Jack, Mozzarella and Parmesan is creamy and luscious with a spicy kick. This superfast recipe will soon become your go-to when there’s little time to cook.
Growing up, everyone I knew ate mac and cheese at least once a week. You know, the kind you make that comes in a blue box. There’s just something so comforting about a big bowl of tender pasta loaded with gooey cheese that makes a person feel all warm and fuzzy.
Well, now you can take those good memories of a childhood dish and turn them into an incredible recipe to call your own. That’s what I’ve done with my “new” version of mac and cheese. It’s perfect for a weeknight meal, a simple lunch and it’s always a welcome sight at any covered dish supper or neighborhood gathering.
I’ve combined Pepper Jack, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese to make an impressive version of mac and cheese. The beautiful thing about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Using the Instant Pot not only cuts down on time, but it also gives incredible infused flavor!
What Goes In This Recipe?
- Elbow Macaroni Pasta
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Hot Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Half and Half
If you’ve never used an Instant Pot before, well, don’t worry. They are practically foolproof and once you get the hang of using one, you’ll be a fan for life.
Ever since I’ve started using the instant pot, I’ve learned that I can take very simple ingredients and turn them into extra flavorful recipes. My list of successes include:
- Instant Pot Garlic Herb Rice
- Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Instant Pot Parmesan-Herb Noodles
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
Pro Tips For Making Instant Pot Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese
- You’ve got to shred your own cheese! It makes such a huge difference in the melting process and the texture of the finished dish. I use my food processor to grate large amounts of cheese and for everyday chores, I use a box grater.
- Use chicken or vegetable stock instead of water when cooking the pasta. Since we’re using pressure cooking, the flavor of the stock will be infused into the pasta giving it amazing flavor.
- Once the pasta is cooked, you’ve done a quick-release on the instant pot and taken off the lid, it’s time to add the Half and Half and cheeses. This is done in a 2-step process. Add half the liquid and a handful of cheese, stir, then add the remaining cheese. Add more Half and Half if needed and taste to adjust the seasoning.
More Easy-To Make Side Dishes You’ll Love
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 16 ounces dried elbow macaroni
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Half and Half
- Add stock, butter, garlic powder, hot sauce, pepper, and salt to Instant Pot. Stir. Add macaroni to pot and using a wooden spoon, push noodles into the stock making sure all are covered.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot with pressure valve closed. Select PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL, and set the timer for 4 minutes. Once the timer goes off, "quick release" pressure by turning the vent to VENTING.
- Carefully remove the lid from the pot. Add 1/4 cup of Half and Half along with 1/2 of grated cheeses. Stir to combine. Add remaining cheese and add more Half and Half if needed. Stir until all cheese is melted. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.
Make Sure To Pin To Your Favorite Pinterest Board!
This post may contain affiliate links.